Goya F11

Posted by TJ Kirkbride on Tue, 03/19/02 - 05:02:01.

Just fishing for info on a Goya F11 guitar unearthed in my closet. I've looked around the web a bit and find info on other Goya guitars, but nothing on the F11. Can you help?
TJ

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Goya F11

Hey I'm just lookin for info on my Goya F 12 I really want to know when it was made and how much its worth if you know anything tell me it was my first guitar i got it when i was 5-7 and Im now 15: Ryan

: Just fishing for info on a Goya F11 guitar unearthed in my closet. I've looked around the web a bit and find info on other Goya guitars, but nothing on the F11. Can you help?
: TJ
Just saw your note today (7/5/02). I bought my Goya F11 in 1962 for about $150. It's a lovely guitar, with mellow tones. The fret board is a bit wide, but I learned to play on it (laughingly speaking). In checking Ebay, they seem to sell at about the same price and are regarded as a decent guitar for the money. Mind you, they're not a Martin, but the tone is nice and the action as well. Mine
cracked in the New York winter in 1968, but I still have it and it still sounds the same! Hope this gives you a bit more information.

: : Just fishing for info on a Goya F11 guitar unearthed in my closet. I've looked around the web a bit and find info on other Goya guitars, but nothing on the F11. Can you help?
: : TJ
: Just saw your note today (7/5/02). I bought my Goya F11 in 1962 for about $150. It's a lovely guitar, with mellow tones. The fret board is a bit wide, but I learned to play on it (laughingly speaking). In checking Ebay, they seem to sell at about the same price and are regarded as a decent guitar for the money. Mind you, they're not a Martin, but the tone is nice and the action as well. Mine
: cracked in the New York winter in 1968, but I still have it and it still sounds the same! Hope this gives you a bit more information.:

My brother bought a Goya F-11 in 1960 or 1961 for $119.50. I've had the guitar since about 1966. Its top is cracked, too, and has lifted up off the body very slightly. but it doesn't seem to affect the sound quality. The neck is warped some, which, coupled with the width of the neck, makes it a little hard to play, especially up on the neck. The guitar isn't a big money item, and I'm a good wood mechanic, so I'm going to clamp it down to a bench when the weather warms up and see if I can straighten it out. I've fixed cracked tops before by gluing and clamping without doing any damage.

: : Just fishing for info on a Goya F11 guitar unearthed in my closet. I've looked around the web a bit and find info on other Goya guitars, but nothing on the F11. Can you help?
: : TJ
: Just saw your note today (7/5/02). I bought my Goya F11 in 1962 for about $150. It's a lovely guitar, with mellow tones. The fret board is a bit wide, but I learned to play on it (laughingly speaking). In checking Ebay, they seem to sell at about the same price and are regarded as a decent guitar for the money. Mind you, they're not a Martin, but the tone is nice and the action as well. Mine
: cracked in the New York winter in 1968, but I still have it and it still sounds the same! Hope this gives you a bit more information.:

My brother bought a Goya F-11 in 1960 or 1961 for $119.50. I've had the guitar since about 1966. Its top is cracked, too, and has lifted up off the body very slightly. but it doesn't seem to affect the sound quality. The neck is warped some, which, coupled with the width of the neck, makes it a little hard to play, especially up on the neck. The guitar isn't a big money item, and I'm a good wood mechanic, so I'm going to clamp it down to a bench when the weather warms up and see if I can straighten it out. I've fixed cracked tops before by gluing and clamping without doing any damage.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.