Martin Goya G-125 Appraisal

Posted by JD Everson on Sun, 08/05/07 - 14:16:49.

I have been given a C.F. Martin & Co. Goya guitar. It is a six string classical guitar with the serial number 9005000043. I really enjoy playing it, but I don't know anything about the value of this guitar. I am preparing to move overseas to a sub-tropical African country and I want to know if I should take this guitar with me. I don't want to take a guitar that is worth keeping in good condition as I expect any guitar I bring to Africa to take a bit of a beating. Anyone know the value of this guitar? Should I keep this one here in the US or is it a low-value everyday guitar that I should take to Africa?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

value of Martin guitar that I inherited

I have a Martin Guitar that I know nothing about. would like to know the value of it. It has the name Goya G215 on it and the numbers 18064. I was told it was made it the 1960's. would like to know more about it. If you could help, I would certainly appreciate it.

Re: Martin Goya G-125 Appraisal

: I have been given a C.F. Martin & Co. Goya guitar. It is a six string classical guitar with the serial number 9005000043. I really enjoy playing it, but I don't know anything about the value of this guitar. I am preparing to move overseas to a sub-tropical African country and I want to know if I should take this guitar with me. I don't want to take a guitar that is worth keeping in good condition as I expect any guitar I bring to Africa to take a bit of a beating. Anyone know the value of this guitar? Should I keep this one here in the US or is it a low-value everyday guitar that I should take to Africa?

-
i have the same guitar
My boyfriend took it to guitar center to get the strings fixed.
The guy who worked there kept trying to buy the guitar off of my boyfriend
He said that its a special guitar and there aren't many around.

Martin Goya G120 vintage acoustic

Does anyone know the value of my Martin Goya G120, Thank you for replying...

Goya G125 classical guitar

Can anyone tell me if these Martin imports are all solid woods, or are they laminated?

Goya G 125

If the Model # is followed with an S then it is constructed of solid wood. If not it is laminate but that has it's advantages as it will weather with less tendency to crack. They made both. The more ornate and expensive models were solid woods. On the cheaper models the sound hole is cut out and the decoration around the hole is a decal which suffers with time. The up side is it is easy and cheap to replace. I have a Korean made G300 myself but would love to find a G635 S. Some were made under the Greco Name but are the same as Goya. The age and construction gave them a sound beyond what the value and reputation would lead you to expect. Mine is not expensive but plays smooth and easy and all I had to do to brighten it up was put in a bone saddle. It sounds much better than some new solid wood guitars. 40 plus years have mellowed the sound box beautifully. Some were made in Japan and some under the same name were made in Sweden. Julie Andrews plays a European Goya in the sound of music.

: I have been given a C.F. Martin & Co. Goya guitar. It is a six string classical guitar with the serial number 9005000043. I really enjoy playing it, but I don't know anything about the value of this guitar. I am preparing to move overseas to a sub-tropical African country and I want to know if I should take this guitar with me. I don't want to take a guitar that is worth keeping in good condition as I expect any guitar I bring to Africa to take a bit of a beating. Anyone know the value of this guitar? Should I keep this one here in the US or is it a low-value everyday guitar that I should take to Africa?

-
i have the same guitar
My boyfriend took it to guitar center to get the strings fixed.
The guy who worked there kept trying to buy the guitar off of my boyfriend
He said that its a special guitar and there aren't many around.

Martin purchased Goya back around 1978. The classical guitars were actually made in Japan for Martin, and were originally sold in the $250-$280 range. They are a nice sounding and playing guitar, but not terribly valuable. There are a lot of them around, and a nice one would probably still fetch around $200.00. I would take it with you and play it.

g125

A friend asked me to tuned up two G125 that were hidden in a closet collecting dust. They are in great condition and they sound crystal clear. Unfortunately, I play the acoustic. thank you for your input.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.