Re: Goya GG140 small classical

Posted by Magnus H on Mon, 06/09/08 - 15:18:51.

Steve,

GG140 is a Goya branded version of the Levin model 140, a 3/4 size guitar designed by a reputated Swedish luthier, Georg Bolin. Bolin made this design on assignment from Te Levin company who manufactured it from 1968 to the mid 70:s. The Levin version is oictured in the 1975 catalog at

http://goyaguitars.tripod.com/levin75_7.htm

Some of these model 140 guitars had a Bolin developed bracing system, called the "Duplex intonation".

Dude Inc was a company who owned the Goya brand between Sept 1972 and Nov 1976. Personally I think the 140 is a nice little guitar. Regarding value, I haven´t seen more than one or two on Ebay, my guess i anything between 250 to 500$

/Magnus

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

goya guitar-made in Korea

I have a goya guitar that has model# m-10, serial # 5,613 and was wondering if anyone knows what the value is and if it was truly handcrafted as the label on the inside of the quitar says. thanks

Re: Goya GG140 small classical

In that period of time, when Dude, Inc. was distributing, Goya was owned by Kustom. Therefore, the serial numbers correspond to Kustom serial numbers. You may also notice that your serial number seems to correspond to Goyas made when Goya was later owned by Martin and made in Japan. However, a look at the catalog will reveal which yours is - the Kustom-era Goyas have distinct details from those of the Martin/Japan era.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.