Question about Goya/Levin Classic 11 with

Posted by Kris on Sun, 11/30/08 - 23:03:57.

Does anyone know how many of these guitars were made with the dark brown wooden tuning pegs and matte/satin finish? Also, where was this one made? There's no serial number on the label inside. All it says is "Model no. Classic 11," "Levin," and a round circular stamp that says "The Special Sound." I think it was made in 1970-72, but not certain. Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Question about Goya/Levin Classic 11 with

The dark brown wood is Walnut. This guitar is definitely made in Sweden. Unfortunatly the "the Special Sound"-series doesn't have serial numbers.
Perhaps one of the original co-workers of the Levin factory in Sweden could make an estimate of the (few) numbers that were made of this guitar.

Thanks for this info. I just bought a Classic 11 on eBay. It's just like my old one. Any idea how I might contact one of the Levin factory workers? Since these guitars were made some 35 years ago, I don't know how I would track any of the original workers down.

Kris,

I happen to know a guy who stayed with Levin until the bitter end, and as a matter of fact he built one of the last Classic 11 himself in 1982(he still owns it).

If You drop me a mail with some hints on exactly what You want from him, I can forward it and he might contact You.

Magnus

: Kris,

: I happen to know a guy who stayed with Levin until the bitter end, and as a matter of fact he built one of the last Classic 11 himself in 1982(he still owns it).

: If You drop me a mail (magnus.hultin@mbox301.swipnet.se) with some hints on exactly what You want from him, I can forward it and he might contact You.

: Magnus

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.