Re: Goya GG 17 #51795

Posted by Magnus H on Sat, 01/03/09 - 11:48:17.

I would say there is no significant difference in the appearance of the guitar itself, it is only another model marking. Initially the model was called G-17, and I think it was when the distribution was overtaken by amp manufacturer Kustom Electric in 1969/70 the models changed to GG. The equivalent Levin model was LG-17 ("Levin Guitar model 17"...) and it may have been an adaption to this.

Your Guitar, based on the number, is from the Dude era, 1972 - 1976, but it is possible that these instruments were manufactured in the Levin factory during the Kustom era, and overtaken by Dude after the Kustom bankrupcy.

The GG-17 was Alp spruce solid top, Solid mahogany sides and bottom, 3 piece Rosewood neck (maple centerpiece). The GG-17 was gloss polished whereas the LG-17 was matte.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

goya gg17

I'm looking to possible buy a goya gg17 off a friend...Does anybody know what the guitar is worth? The guitar is in very good condition ,needs to be adjusted ,with case...thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.