Goya G-17

Posted by Katherine on Mon, 01/05/09 - 12:25:17.

I recently bought a Goya model G-17. The label says Goya Guitars Inc., New York NY 10010. Also says Made in Sweden. The serial number printed on the label is 353510, but there is a handwritten zero added to the printed number. A stamp that says "serviced by 3" is on the label. The tuning mechanism on one side has been replaced, which might explain the "serviced by 3" that is stamped on the label. I find Levin serial number lists online that might indicate that it was made in 1957 (going by the printed number). But I'm not sure about that. The guitar clearly has had a life--it has some dings here and there, but it is in decent shape overall and sounds beautiful. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

goya g 17 strings

Anyone know the best strings to use for the goya g 17 series ??

Re: Goya G-17

I also have a Goya G17 that I got in 1967 or 1968. Does anyone know its value?It has cracks in the varnish but otherwise is in mint condition with the richest sound. Please contact me at Nancy@nankids.com.

I have a G-17 with a serial number of 353512 (0) which I purchased in 1967. Must have come off the production line pretty close to each other. My label also has a stamp of "serviced by E" and it has never been in a repair shop. I suspect it is something from the original production.

The Serial Number 353510 is one of the last 6-digit Serial Numbers used for Levin made Goya guitars, before the had to switch over to 7-digit Serial Numbers. This was around 1967, when they anticipated a huge increase in guitar sales, promised by AVNET who took the sales over from Hershman.

Does anyone know where to get vintage fret wire for a Goya or Levin classical made in Sweden?

Goya Fret wire

Martin guitars bought out Goya, so That's who I would get a hold of. Cheers.
Caboose.

My Goya has Elephant Tusk saddle and nut and the serial number is 102323. Any Idea how old this is as I know Elephant Tusks became illeagle in the late 50's or early 60's.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.