Good, bad or just plain ugly?

Posted by Ryan Burke on Tue, 07/30/02 - 17:12:45.

My nextdoor neighbour has kindly lent me her unused classical/spanish guitar, it says goya inside the acoustic part, but I can't see a serial number or anything like that, here's what it says;

(On a half balck half yellow circle of about 5cm radius)

guitarras
GOYA

Modello 129

Made in Spain

Juan Teijeiro music Co.Ltd.LON.E2

If somebody has any idea how much this is worth I'd very much appreciate it as I'm thinking about offering some money to keep it.

Cheers

p.s.

Could you please reply to my e-mail address?)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Good, bad or just plain ugly?

Juan Teijeiro Music Co. Ltd (020 8348 9191) still distribute Goya guitars so should be able to give you some information.

: My nextdoor neighbour has kindly lent me her unused classical/spanish guitar, it says goya inside the acoustic part, but I can't see a serial number or anything like that, here's what it says;

: (On a half balck half yellow circle of about 5cm radius)

: guitarras
: GOYA
:
: Modello 129
:
: Made in Spain

: Juan Teijeiro music Co.Ltd.LON.E2

: If somebody has any idea how much this is worth I'd very much appreciate it as I'm thinking about offering some money to keep it.

: Cheers

: p.s.

: Could you please reply to my e-mail address?)

Hi,

I know this is an old posting but did you ever get a reply to your question about the Goya guitar? I have come across a similar one (modello 104) manufactured by Francisco Esteve Guitarras but sold by Juan Teijeiro Music Co., judging by the label which is exactly as you describe.

Any info you can pass on will be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan Smith

Hi,
I saw your posting only recently. I can tell you that I own, what sounds like, the very same classical guitar. My model number (written in hand) is 8. I bought it brand new in 1992 for about £150. I still play it now and it does have a distinctive sound although I do not know what wood it is made from. I don't think that it is completely laminate, I don't know. Hope that helps.
Regards
Giuliano Guarnieri

I know this is an old posting but did you ever get a reply to your question about the Goya guitar? I have come across a similar one (modello 104) manufactured by Francisco Esteve Guitarras but sold by Juan Teijeiro Music Co., judging by the label which is exactly as you describe.

: Any info you can pass on will be appreciated.

: Regards,

: Alan Smith

I have also have one its Juan Teijeiro Fiesta and handwritten says 'Modelo 1' I too would love to know more about it. It belongs to my wife who has had it for twenty years, aquired second hand by her father.

The sound is amazing and I have never bought another to equal it, try as I might. The website for Juan says they are hand made.

As for value I have no idea

Duncan

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.