Re: Info about unusual Soloist?

Advertisement
Posted by Greg on Thu, 12/25/03 - 16:04:21.

: Does anyone know anything about the 1992 Jackson Soloist Professional ATT/ATN?

: I own a trans red archtop model. Mahogany back/maple cap body with 24 fret ebony fretboard and maple set-neck. Reverse "sharkfin" abalone inlays. Bound neck and headstock. 2 X Reflex Silver Series humbuckers with Reflex "Black Box" active circuitry. Licensed Floyd Rose made by Schaller Germany.

: How many of these Soloists were made? What are they valued at? Any famous players who own such a model?

: Thanks,
: Donovan (Durban-ZA) It's a lttle late in the game for the most part. Grover sold the company. The professional is made in Japan and not Ontario. However it sounds like a beautiful guitar. They were quite spectacular. Soloist features were one piece neck thru body, not a set neck, with poplar sides glued to a center piece of solid mahogany or maple usually. Arch tops were usually all mahogony with the exception the top which could be figured maple. No body binding right? Neck binding and the headstock too, right? That was considered a custom model option as opposed to a student model, back in the day. Ebony fret board on soloists, but arch tops usually employed rosewood. The idea being they wanted to give you a strat look and a Les Paul sound and feel. What else could a guy want? Unfortuneately who knows if it is possible but,I bet that is a pretty bold guitar nonetheless. Active electronics, usually 2 singles and a hum, maybe mini-switches. When Grover left so did many of the reasons artist used his guitars. Don't know anyone famous anymore playing that one. Sounds like a $600-900.00 guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Info about unusual Soloist?

I have a purple trem version - glued on neck - mahogany body carved maple top with ebony fretboard - serial number J100587 - I am having problems with the electronics - two reflex humbuckers with the black box and mid boost control - does anybody have any information about this? or what would be a suitable replacement? this is a lovely guitar but is no more than an ornamnt in it's current state - Help!! :)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.