Shergold Masquerader (pre 'custom' serial 7063)

Posted by Colin Riddell on Thu, 01/26/06 - 10:55:41.

I have a very early Shergold Masquerader in sunburst that I am considering selling on ebay. It is in very good condition for its age (superficial small body damage, looks like someone has worn a studded wrist band or something while playing it)and even has the original black plastic bridge cover. Everything is original and plays great. Does anyone have any idea the value of such an original early model of this guitar? Serial number 7063.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Shergold Masquerader (pre 'custom' serial 7063)

Hey I just saw the original pricing in the shergold website, depending on the year it's either 170 or 160. Here is the link anyway so you can check yourself: http://www.shergold.co.uk/origcost.html If you do decide to sell it please let me know since I would be interested in it. : I have a very early Shergold Masquerader in sunburst that I am considering selling on ebay. It is in very good condition for its age (superficial small body damage, looks like someone has worn a studded wrist band or something while playing it)and even has the original black plastic bridge cover. Everything is original and plays great. Does anyone have any idea the value of such an original early model of this guitar? Serial number 7063.

: I have a very early Shergold Masquerader in sunburst that I am considering selling on ebay. It is in very good condition for its age (superficial small body damage, looks like someone has worn a studded wrist band or something while playing it)and even has the original black plastic bridge cover. Everything is original and plays great. Does anyone have any idea the value of such an original early model of this guitar? Serial number 7063.

a good seventies masquerader in worth about £300 to £350
must be original with no bits missing, lots of old shergolds
have thin laquer and are prone to cracking which shoulod not be polished out as this is part of their charm.

I play a shergold bass, and you should know that most shergolds have a problem where the laquer cracks/peels off. It is extremely rare to find one that doesnt have this, so even if it has damage from the wristband, its probably worth quite a lot

Re: Shergold Masquerader (VALUE)

The British made Shergold guitars and basses were made in the early 80s and had a good reputation as being ahead of their time, as the interchangable pick ups system shows. Famous users of Shergolds include Marty Wilson-Piper of the Church who used a black 12 string electric guitar and Peter Hook of Joy Division/New Order who used their 6 string bass. Value up to $1000AU depending on condition.

Are you still selling this Shergold??

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.