Re: Old Craftsman

Advertisement
Posted by Tony Rettinhouse on Tue, 05/01/07 - 14:53:02.

: has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

I got one from my folks back in the mid to late 60's. It's a solid body electric with a Fender style tuning head. It was used when I got it so I have no idea how old it is. Mine isn't playable at this time. I'm planning on fixing it. If anyone gets anymore info let me know. It would be interesting to see if there is any value there.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Old Craftsman Guitar

I didn't know Old Craftsman made a solid body electric. Back in '67 when I was 15, my daddy bought me an Old Craftsman hollow body electric from a pawn shop. He had a little 3 tube amp with an 8" speaker that I played it through and that combo had a really sweet sound. Played it in a garage band. The guy who played lead had a turquoise Hagstrom, also a sweet sounding guitar. It would be interesting to know a little history of the Old Craftsman brand.
I went to a guitar show in Spartanburg, SC, in 2010 and was surprised to find 3 Old Craftsman guitars exactly like mine.I guess some old guitars never die, they just end up in guitar shows.

old kraftman guitar

I LIVE IN AUGUSTA GA AND HAVE AN OLD KRAFTMAN GUITAR. I GOT IT FROM AN ARMY BUDDY BACK IN 72. HE (OR SOMEONE) ORDERED IT FROM SPIEGAL. IT HAS N-15 STAMPED ON THE INSIDE. IT STILL HAS A GREAT SOUND. I PLAY IT AND THE HARMONICA IN A GOSPEL GROUP. THERE ARE SEVERAL GROUPS THAT MEETS EACH SAT AROUND HERE. ONE IS CALLED "APPLING OPRA" IN APPLING, GA. (2ND SAT OF EACH MO.) CHECK IT OUT ON LINE.

: : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

: I got one from my folks back in the mid to late 60's. It's a solid body electric with a Fender style tuning head. It was used when I got it so I have no idea how old it is. Mine isn't playable at this time. I'm planning on fixing it. If anyone gets anymore info let me know. It would be interesting to see if there is any value there.

Hi. I owned an Old Craftsman in the early sixties. It is actually a Sears catalog guitar. Don't know who made them for them, but it is a Sears branded instrument. Hope this helps.

I have a 6 string hollow body acustic. NOt sure of the age but appears to be rather old. Would love to find information about this guitar.
: I got one from my folks back in the mid to late 60's. It's a solid body electric with a Fender style tuning head. It was used when I got it so I have no idea how old it is. Mine isn't playable at this time. I'm planning on fixing it. If anyone gets anymore info let me know. It would be interesting to see if there is any value there.

: : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

Kay guitar company produced 'Old Kraftsman' guitars for Spiegel. Your guitar my have some value I have seen Old Kraftsman guitars priced over $1000.00.

i have one of the old craftsman and i was wondering what it worth can you tell me were to look

: i have one of the old craftsman and i was wondering what it worth can you tell me were to look

Hey Bud,
My day bought mine out of a pawn shop on Airline Dr, in Houston, Texas when I was 12 yrs.(1962)
I am 60 now. I don't think it would be worth a lot of money per say.
Just knowing it's an Old Guitar is it's price.
But any guitar is only worth as much as you are willing to pay for it, or just how bad you want it!

Piece & Pick-On!
God Bless!
Bob!

I have an Old Craftsman acoustic guitar that my grandpa gave me... It plays well. I replaced the tuners and I need to replace the bridge.
It's no Taylor, but I think it could be more than just a novelty guitar.

------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I still have mine. I got it when I was 14 yrs old...that was 46 years ago. It was from a mail order catalog called Spiegles. Don't think they are around anymore

I have an Old Craftsman Guitar I purchased through the Spiegel Catalog way bacew in the 60's. I's an electric hollow body and I think is was made by Kay.
It still works fine and I still play it sometimes.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.