Old Craftsman

Advertisement
Posted by Aric Armbruster on Wed, 03/06/02 - 20:56:49.

has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Old Craftsman

Hey Bud,

I owned an Old Craftsman electric back in 1962.

I was 12 years old then.I am 60 now.

Seem the pick-ups stop working so I took the guitar apart to see what was the matter.

Wound up throwing it in the trash!

It was really hard to play.

Like to have ripped my fingers to shreds ever time I played it.

But back then I was to young to know about having a guitar set up!

Ya know like lowering the strings, ect.

Wish I had it now.

It was my first guitar to ever own!

Oh well!

I have an original “Ventures Mosrite of California” guitar that I have owned for 40 or 41 years.

Piece & Pick-On!

God Bless!

Bob!

Old Craftsman

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Old Craftsman

nope. but i have a guitart called Craftsman but no idea where its from, could be Asia.
The model i have is EG-220 i think, its a Les Paul Standard lookalike.

Any idea of the company or the name?
email me
raymond_cch@yahoo.com

yo tengo una guitarra old craftman solo dice una clase de numeros sin sentido ya que no encontre informacion sobre ellas la serie es L 6137 y n12
es tipo lespaul o no se jajaja pero lucegenial quisiera aber su valor y tmbien que tipo de guitarra es si tu sabes algo contactame laker_spkrevv@hotmail.com

: has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

Yes, it was made by Sears & Roebuck just like their tools by the same name. I'm actually trying to find a price for it right now. I've got one too.

The first guitar i ever owned was an Old Craftsman.. My mother bought if for me out of a Sears catalog. Winter of '65 catalog.... Cost was $99. with a case,,, and that was shipped. It was an electric that was a plank with a rotary switch for the pickups. If anyone has one they want to part with or knows where to find one,,, please contact me,,,, thanks.

: i think i might have the guitar that you are looking for. send me more info on what it looked like
: The first guitar i ever owned was an Old Craftsman.. My mother bought if for me out of a Sears catalog. Winter of '65 catalog.... Cost was $99. with a case,,, and that was shipped. It was an electric that was a plank with a rotary switch for the pickups. If anyone has one they want to part with or knows where to find one,,, please contact me,,,, thanks.

: : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

:
: Yes, it was made by Sears & Roebuck just like their tools by the same name. I'm actually trying to find a price for it right now. I've got one too.

it was made by spiegle's catalog from early to late 60's
the main manufacture was kay i have see them on e-bay. there are many different types of body styles. from what i here they are suppost play very well. the subjusted prices
i have is from 200.00 to 500.00 depending on body style and condition. i found most of this info on the net.

: : : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

: :
: : Yes, it was made by Sears & Roebuck just like their tools by the same name. I'm actually trying to find a price for it right now. I've got one too.

: it was made by spiegle's catalog from early to late 60's
: the main manufacture was kay i have see them on e-bay. there are many different types of body styles. from what i here they are suppost play very well. the subjusted prices
: i have is from 200.00 to 500.00 depending on body style and condition. i found most of this info on the net.

You are right about the Kay company, but wrong about the dates. I have one that was my fathers that was purchased in 1941 - Blonde Maple with F holes and Fiber Case. It cost my mom 99.00 in 1941

Did anyone ever get info on the Old Craftsman Guitars? I have an old acoustic in excellent condition that that was made in 50's or 60's that I would like to find out more about.

:
: Did anyone ever get info on the Old Craftsman Guitars? I have an old acoustic in excellent condition that that was made in 50's or 60's that I would like to find out more about.

Hi. I'd like to at least see pictures of the guitar you have. I've only seen ONE. Some years ago, a friend of mine had one. NICE ax.

Please drop me a line.

Stay safe, and may God bless.

Peace.

Dan

My first guitar was an Old Craftsman
It was a blonde F hole steel tailpiece model
It was purchased through Spiegel's Catalog in 1963.
I remember that it came with a pick, a bag and a tasseled
braided rope neckstrap. (Ouch! No wonder why I remember!)

: My first guitar was an Old Craftsman
: It was a blonde F hole steel tailpiece model
: It was purchased through Spiegel's Catalog in 1963.
: I remember that it came with a pick, a bag and a tasseled
: braided rope neckstrap. (Ouch! No wonder why I remember!)

My first guitar was an Old Craftsman that I got for Christmas back in the mid 1950's. I'm pretty sure it came from Spiegels. It was the f-hole archtop and it, too, came with a pick, an instruction book, and that braided strap with the tassel. As I recall, mine was a darker sunburst model. I don't remember if it had a case.

:
: Did anyone ever get info on the Old Craftsman Guitars? I have an old acoustic in excellent condition that that was made in 50's or 60's that I would like to find out more about.

I played the honky tonks, bars and clubs around the South West for many years.
In the 50s when money was tight I ordered a Old Craftsman acoustic flat top Guitar from Speigel Catalog.In was called the Auditorium size. I received it by mail. I think it cost $89.00. what a bargain.
I don't think Speigle Stores sell them any more.
Once in a thousand or so you can find a cheap guitar that will put a Martin or Gipson to shame sound wise, this was one that met that quality. I played it on stage fo years until I foolishly left it in the trunk of the car, you know the rest.
I wonder who still sells them.
Would like to have one.

: I played the honky tonks, bars and clubs around the South West for many years.
: In the 50s when money was tight I ordered a Old Craftsman acoustic flat top Guitar from Speigel Catalog.In was called the Auditorium size. I received it by mail. I think it cost $89.00. what a bargain.
: I don't think Speigle Stores sell them any more.
: Once in a thousand or so you can find a cheap guitar that will put a Martin or Gipson to shame sound wise, this was one that met that quality. I played it on stage fo years until I foolishly left it in the trunk of the car, you know the rest.
: I wonder who still sells them.
: Would like to have one.
NOTE---IS IT TRUE THAT SEARS SELLS OLD CRAFTSMAN GUITARS?

: : I played the honky tonks, bars and clubs around the South West for many years.
: : In the 50s when money was tight I ordered a Old Craftsman acoustic flat top Guitar from Speigel Catalog.In was called the Auditorium size. I received it by mail. I think it cost $89.00. what a bargain.
: : I don't think Speigle Stores sell them any more.
: : Once in a thousand or so you can find a cheap guitar that will put a Martin or Gipson to shame sound wise, this was one that met that quality. I played it on stage fo years until I foolishly left it in the trunk of the car, you know the rest.
: : I wonder who still sells them.
: : Would like to have one.
: NOTE---IS IT TRUE THAT SEARS SELLS OLD CRAFTSMAN GUITARS?

I have borrowed a beaultifully sounding Craftsman from my landlord here in Christchurch, New Zealand where we are vacationing.
I don't know where he got it, but I like it alot and may ask him to sell it to me before I leave...I wonder what I should offer him? Any ideas?

Mike

: : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

:
: Yes, it was made by Sears & Roebuck just like their tools by the same name. I'm actually trying to find a price for it right now. I've got one too.

: : : has anyone ever heard of a guitar or guitar company called Old Craftsman? i have an old openface electric guitar with the name of Old Craftsman on it. i can't find any information on it and have no clue about where it came from. if anyone has any info. i'd be much obliged.

: : Yes, it was made by Sears & Roebuck just like their tools by the same name. I'm actually trying to find a price for it right now. I've got one too.

i have one ,my granson,3 1/2 years old is picen as i typ this.

it is acou, has cow boys on it catus, campfire,and smoke on it,im 60 and seen about 7 in my life ,but never with paited face ////????

Hey Bud,

I owned an Old Craftsman electric back in 1962.

I was 12 years old then.

Seems the pick-ups stop working so I took the guitar apart to see what was the matter.

Wound up throwing it in the trash!

It was really hard to play.

Like to have ripped my fingers to shreds ever time I played it.

But back then I was to young to know about having a guitar set up!

Ya know like lowering the strings, ect.

Wish I had it now.

It was my first guitar to ever own!

Oh well!

I have an original “Ventures Mosrite of California” guitar that I have owned for 40 or 41 years.

Piece & Pick-On!

God Bless!

Bob!

Hi. I'd like to at least see pictures of the guitar you have. I've only seen ONE. Some years ago, a friend of mine had one. NICE ax.

Please drop me a line.

Stay safe, and may God bless.

Peace.

Dan

Old Kraftsman

Dan,
My father had an "Old Kraftsman" electric when I was small (about 1964). My parents took a picture of me hold the guitar when I was about 3 or 4.
I didnt know at that time that I was holding something that would be with me still today. I keep it in a case and sometimes pull it out to just mess around with.

It is truly wonderful to see all the history that surrounds these guitars.

Happy Holidays
Harry

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.