1977 Ibanez Les paul copy E/2 truss rod cover

Posted by Greg on Wed, 10/12/05 - 10:02:28.

I recently aquired a Ibanez Les paul copy from may of 1977. This this is as close to mint as you can get without being new. It is a dark burgandy with the pearl inlays on the neck but doesn't have binding or inlays on the headstock although the body has a white binding. It also has an E/2 in an odd shape on the truss rod cover. The design of the cover is such that the top screw isn't centered and there isn't a screw hole in the center so I know it hasn't been changed. The only other Guitar I have found that on was a 1982 Real Gibson Explorer. Anyone have any Ideas on what this is.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ibanez Les paul copy

I have a Ibanez Les Paul gold top copy and I'm trying to find out the value of it. I can't find a date on it I heard that it came out about late 60's to 70's. The pickguard has been taking off and the trebble pick up had been changed a crome plated to a hum not sure what kind.

Re: Ibanez Les paul copy

is there a serial# on the back plate?
They are mostly chambered hollowbodies!
Mine is awesome, 1970

: I have a Ibanez Les Paul gold top copy and I'm trying to find out the value of it. I can't find a date on it I heard that it came out about late 60's to 70's. The pickguard has been taking off and the trebble pick up had been changed a crome plated to a hum not sure what kind.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.