Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1985

Posted by John Castro on Tue, 03/07/06 - 13:05:29.

I have a black Ibanez Roadstar 2 Series guitar, with 2 Ibanez custom pick-ups, Floyd Rose Tremolo system, and push/pull volume knobs, serial number L853043. I have looked at all Ibanez galleries, books and in the guitar blue book and have not been able to find this model. How many did Ibanez make and why are they so hard to find?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1985

:
: I have a white and black Ibanez Roadstar 2 Series guitar,RS 440 with 2 Ibanez custom pick-ups, Floyd Rose Tremolo system, and push/pull volume knobs, serial number L853043. I have looked at all Ibanez galleries, books and in the guitar blue book and have not been able to find this model. I wanted to sell mine, could you tell me the value of this guitarre,

Wilson Picquet

:
: I have a red Ibanez Roadstar 2 Series guitar, with 2 Ibanez custom pick-up and push/pull volume knobs, serial number L853043. I have looked at all Ibanez galleries, books and in the guitar blue book and have not been able to find this model. How many did Ibanez make and why are they so hard to find?

: I have the same Black Ibanez with 2 humbuckers, push pull pots for single coil and gold Vibrato and hardware. The neck is finished in black too.
The Guitar has a c 84.... ser. no, and was sold to me in 84 as a prototype. I think about selling it now and it's still in great shape and plays perfect. But i don't know what it costs today. Back then I paid 1200.-CHF, like a 950$ today.
Today this kind of guitar is hard to find and costs a lot more.
i think i'll post it on ebay

Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1985

I saw some words
about a Ibanez roadstar series II , and I have one .
The number series
mine is : k854008 . I supose was made in 1985 . Have you some information about
this model ? I was looking for some notice about in web , but i hadn4t nothing
about .
If somebody can help me
please send me a message .
My name is Edney ,
and I live in Brazil .
Tks .
Edney
55 11 9459-7611

: I saw some words
: about a Ibanez roadstar series II , and I have one .
: The number series
: mine is : k854008 . I supose was made in 1985 . Have you some information about
: this model ? I was looking for some notice about in web , but i hadn4t nothing
: about .
: If somebody can help me
: please send me a message .
: My name is Edney ,
: and I live in Brazil .
: Tks .
: Edney
: 55 11 9459-7611

Usually 3 single coils with a 5 way switch and a mini toggle switch for phase, non locking tremelo and one of the finest necks you will ever get to play short of custom shop guitar. Made at the same company as the fender japan guitars which sell very highly on Ebay. They evolved into the current RG series guitars.In mint condition they sell for 500 dollars or more which is a great deal if you can find one.

i have a green ibanez that originaly had 3 single coil pick ups on it, i customed it and it now has a seymour duncan pearly gates humbucker on the bridge. it also has string locks (not custom). i was woundering if anyone had the same type. beacause it seems like they made one that was different everytime. if you google the guitar, i have never found the same exact one. im just woundering if anyone knows how much they are worth in a good condition

: i have a green ibanez that originaly had 3 single coil pick ups on it, i customed it and it now has a seymour duncan pearly gates humbucker on the bridge. it also has string locks (not custom). i was woundering if anyone had the same type. beacause it seems like they made one that was different everytime. if you google the guitar, i have never found the same exact one. im just woundering if anyone knows how much they are worth in a good condition

500 DOLLARS

i have the seim guitar, and i wold like too know the seim thiks,,if you now some thing please let me now. the serial number is h851348

: i have the seim guitar, and i wold like too know the seim thiks,,if you now some thing please let me now. the serial number is h851348

Made in 1985 in japan one of the nicest necks ever made from the same company that made the fender guitars. they are of very good quality.

: i have the seim guitar, and i wold like too know the seim thiks,,if you now some thing please let me now. the serial number is h851348
H, is for the month, 85 is the year ,the # 1348 from what i have read.

Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1984

desert yellow, maple fretbard.. anybody know what its worth?

Re: Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1984

: desert yellow, maple fretbard.. anybody know what its worth?

500 dollars in very good condition.

I have the same model and have yet to see, or hear :), one like it anywhere. I think the fact that there is no publications on it, and its value, make it a collectible in some respects. I think Ibanez made very few of these, before they began having their guitars manufactured elsewhere. Does yours have the unfinished neck?

: I have the same model and have yet to see, or hear :), one like it anywhere. I think the fact that there is no publications on it, and its value, make it a collectible in some respects. I think Ibanez made very few of these, before they began having their guitars manufactured elsewhere. Does yours have the unfinished neck?

finished one piece maple neck and fretboard matching color headstock. you will not find many as they are over 25 years old. They have evolved into the current RG series as in Roadstar Guitar= RG.

I too have one. All black. It appears to have been bought b/w 1985-90. Its a stock version, with 3 single coil pick-ups, 3 volume and tone controls and a 3 way switch for the pick ups. It has a floating bridge, but the strings are not locked down. Havent been able to get much information from the net.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.