Ibanez Banjo

Posted by Jeff Paulk on Wed, 07/05/06 - 19:02:48.

In 1980 I bought an Ibanez 5 string resonator banjo, blonde in color, for $400 with the hard shell case. Right after I bought it,
I saw one identical to it in a music store for $1,000. I was just wondering what mine might be worth. It was not new, it had been owned by two people previous to my buying it. The original 5th string guide is not on it, and it has Scruggs Tuners on it.

Thanks,
Jeff Paulk

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez Banjo

I recently bought a similar one as your Ibanez,an Aritst model.on EBAY fr $535 but also bought one in 2005 for $750 which was a sunburst Artist model. I feel $600 would be a going price in 2009. They are great value for the money. Both of these were used models in excellent conditiion. I currently have both. Steve

: In 1980 I bought an Ibanez 5 string resonator banjo, blonde in color, for $400 with the hard shell case. Right after I bought it,
: I saw one identical to it in a music store for $1,000. I was just wondering what mine might be worth. It was not new, it had been owned by two people previous to my buying it. The original 5th string guide is not on it, and it has Scruggs Tuners on it.

: Thanks,
: Jeff Paulk

I have an Ibanez Artist 5 string banjo brought in 1978 new. The original tailpiece has broken does anyone know where I can get an original ibanez clamshell type replacement (1970s part number 590-117)plus fittings. I paid £350 for mine in 1978. Any ideas of its worth today.

: In 1980 I bought an Ibanez 5 string resonator banjo, blonde in color, for $400 with the hard shell case. Right after I bought it,
: I saw one identical to it in a music store for $1,000. I was just wondering what mine might be worth. It was not new, it had been owned by two people previous to my buying it. The original 5th string guide is not on it, and it has Scruggs Tuners on it.

: Thanks,
: Jeff Paulk

Hi Jeff, I purchased a similar Ibanez banjo in 1976. Still have it & play it... Mine cost $290. I think in good original condition they are now worth anywhere from $1500 to $2300 dollars AU and beyond . Does yours have a Tone Ring?
Cheers Dan.

: : In 1980 I bought an Ibanez 5 string resonator banjo, blonde in color, for $400 with the hard shell case. Right after I bought it,
: : I saw one identical to it in a music store for $1,000. I was just wondering what mine might be worth. It was not new, it had been owned by two people previous to my buying it. The original 5th string guide is not on it, and it has Scruggs Tuners on it.

: : Thanks,
: : Jeff Paulk

: Hi Jeff, I purchased a similar Ibanez banjo in 1976. Still have it & play it... Mine cost $290. I think in good original condition they are now worth anywhere from $1500 to $2300 dollars AU and beyond . Does yours have a Tone Ring?
: Cheers Dan.

How did you buy an Ibanez banjo in 1976 when they didn't start producing them until 1977?

: : : In 1980 I bought an Ibanez 5 string resonator banjo, blonde in color, for $400 with the hard shell case. Right after I bought it,
: : : I saw one identical to it in a music store for $1,000. I was just wondering what mine might be worth. It was not new, it had been owned by two people previous to my buying it. The original 5th string guide is not on it, and it has Scruggs Tuners on it.

: : : Thanks,
: : : Jeff Paulk

: : Hi Jeff, I purchased a similar Ibanez banjo in 1976. Still have it & play it... Mine cost $290. I think in good original condition they are now worth anywhere from $1500 to $2300 dollars AU and beyond . Does yours have a Tone Ring?
: : Cheers Dan.

: How did you buy an Ibanez banjo in 1976 when they didn't start producing them until 1977?

Randall I have seen Ibanez catalogs for 1975 that had banjos. Copy and paste in your browser:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/page.php?cat_id=310&year=1975

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.