Model number 70 Ibanez Classical Guitar

Posted by Corey Masters on Wed, 04/04/07 - 13:24:00.

I was given an Ibanez guitar from my grandpa. He said he has had it since the 1970's, the only thing on it is inside the sound hole with a label that says. There is no serial number at all all it says on the label inside is:
"
The worlds Supreme Quality
Established 1908
Model no 70
Made in Japan"

At the top of the neck it has a sticker that says steel reinforced neck. It is a six string classical style guitar, with no cut in the body. It has 18 playable frets. The neck is pretty thick, the body is realitvly small, but has alot of sound. It is an easy guitar to play. I was just curious how much it would be worth, or if you had an idea of some place i could talk to that could give me an estimate.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ibanez model 70

I have the exact same guitar. I can't find find any information on it. It was my grandmothers and from what I know it was from the 60's or 70's. What little information I have found says that ibanez did not put serial numbers on their guitars in that era. Please email me with any information that you might have obtained.

Re: Model number 70 Ibanez Classical Guitar

I have a guitar with the same characteristics, except for the number model which is: 300. My mother bought it in 1970 in Lima, Peru. I'm interested about the origin of this model too. If you find any information about it, please send it to me. Thanks.
Francisco Chirinos
Lima, Peru

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.