K.Yairi YD-5 Serial No. 42036

Advertisement
Posted by Rowan on Sun, 12/22/02 - 22:45:36.

Can anyone provide me with information on this guitar? I bought it back in Melbourne in 1989. The model numbers normally begin 'DY' not 'YD'. I can't find any reference to this model on the web at all. I think this was one of the first models with Yairi's new bridge design. All in all it's a great instrument. I have L25 Lowden I also love and while the Yairi is a completely different instrument it compliments the Lowden well.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

YD4 1989 from Australia

Hi I bought a YD - 4 dated 1989 in Sydney. Like you with your YD5 I can't find anything at all about it. Even emailed Yairi and they don't either...

Re: K.Yairi YD-5 Serial No. 42036

t looks like the
I have a similar 'Dreadnought' std. 6-string model

On the inside it says:

Anne 1988
Model no. YD - 5
Serial no. 42506

I bought it cheep in a guitar store in Denmark in 1988. Do you know anything more about your guitar by now?

Re: K.Yairi YD-5 Serial No. 42036

: I bought a K-YAIRI in 1989 Model YD-5 Anne 1989 brand new! Thats when the model came to Australia.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.