Re: Yari Alvarez DY50 number #889 of 900

Advertisement
Posted by Lee Netherland on Wed, 09/28/05 - 20:04:13.

: I have an Alvarez DY50 50th aniversary guitar. Hand signed and such. My father purchased this guitar in 1979 and its one of the nicest guitars ive played. It plays much nicer than a lot of thousand plus dollar guitars ive picked up. Can anyone give me an estimate to how much this guitar is worth. Say if i wanted to get it insured how much would i insure it for...becuase if i have anything to do with it, this guitar will never leave my family. thank you for you help

I have two of these. I had to send them back to Saint Louis Music company for some "life time warranty" work done. The pick guards were peeling up around the edges. I asked them what they were worth so I could insure them when shipping. The guy told me if they were his he would insure them for $2000.00 each.
Hang on to it.. I love mine, sweetest sound I've ever heard and plays like glass. By the way it was about 5 years ago when i sent them in.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : I have an Alvarez DY50 50th aniversary guitar. Hand signed and such. My father purchased this guitar in 1979 and its one of the nicest guitars ive played. It plays much nicer than a lot of thousand plus dollar guitars ive picked up. Can anyone give me an estimate to how much this guitar is worth. Say if i wanted to get it insured how much would i insure it for...becuase if i have anything to do with it, this guitar will never leave my family. thank you for you help

: I have two of these. I had to send them back to Saint Louis Music company for some "life time warranty" work done. The pick guards were peeling up around the edges. I asked them what they were worth so I could insure them when shipping. The guy told me if they were his he would insure them for $2000.00 each.
: Hang on to it.. I love mine, sweetest sound I've ever heard and plays like glass. By the way it was about 5 years ago when i sent them in.

i have #409 of 500 and have often wondered wh at itis worth, i have played it about 10 times.

: : : I have an Alvarez DY50 50th aniversary guitar. Hand signed and such. My father purchased this guitar in 1979 and its one of the nicest guitars ive played. It plays much nicer than a lot of thousand plus dollar guitars ive picked up. Can anyone give me an estimate to how much this guitar is worth. Say if i wanted to get it insured how much would i insure it for...becuase if i have anything to do with it, this guitar will never leave my family. thank you for you help

: : I have two of these. I had to send them back to Saint Louis Music company for some "life time warranty" work done. The pick guards were peeling up around the edges. I asked them what they were worth so I could insure them when shipping. The guy told me if they were his he would insure them for $2000.00 each.
: : Hang on to it.. I love mine, sweetest sound I've ever heard and plays like glass. By the way it was about 5 years ago when i sent them in.

: i have #409 of 500 and have often wondered wh at itis worth, i have played it about 10 times.

I also have a Hand Signed Limited Edition DY50. I am confused, my guitar was built August of 1879 and the Limited Edition plaque reads 923/900. The 923 looks as if it was hand stamped. Does anyone know the back ground on why this might have occured? It seems odd that anyone would set an overall of instrument count and then purposely exceed the maximum instruments in the edition. What would be the purpose of buying a limited edition that is not limited? Any info that would provide clarification would be appreciated.

Yari Alvarez DY50 number #889 of 900

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yari Alvarez DY50 number #889 of 900

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.