Yairi Guitar = Hand made

Advertisement
Posted by Gill Hogg on Fri, 10/18/02 - 12:52:25.

I have a beautiful Classical Guitar which I bought in 1966. They had just arrived in Scotland and were the best on the market at that time.

The label inside reads:

B & M SOLOIST - Handmade by Yairi - No 222 AD 1966 (Japan)

Has anybody any idea how much it is worth ?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

My Yairi doesn't have a serial number?

Hi, I have been on the internet, for god knows how long, trying to find the guitar that my Mum owns? Basically, I'm learning how to play guitar on my Mum's old YAIRI, and only recently have I been curious as to where it came from, and are there more of them out there? I know the Yairi make are handmade and come from Japan.
Now, my guitar doesn't have a serial number, it just says:
By YAIRI
Serial No. AD.
(JAPAN)
But I'm looking online, and they all say they have serial numbers? It's a B&M Artiste and if you look closely, inside the guitar is an engraving of a name... It says; sadayar nagoya ..
Either that or; Sadayairi (I don't know if there are I's between the R, it's been engraved in the wood, and it's a bit hard to see since my Mum bought it in the 70's)

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same guitar, or know the history?

Re: Yairi Guitar = Hand made

: I Have a Yairi 1966 model number 181 B & M soloist Japan unfortunately the machine block had to be replaced,it broke 7 times!It still sounds lovely and is a good old friend of mine.I bought this for four £'s (yes 4 pounds) on the top deck of a bus. It was used on a 'BIG' demo session for a famous artist some years ago. I must dig out that session and give it another whirl.

:

:

:sorry gang,it's me again.The artist who's song I used the Yairi on was Kate Bush, and the song was called Hammer Horror- just out of interest- there you go. I like this guitar forum/seeking stuff it's great. Thank you Gill Hogg you are a little gem.

: I Have a Yairi 1966 model number 181 B & M soloist Japan unfortunately the machine block had to be replaced,it broke 7 times!It still sounds lovely and is a good old friend of mine.

:

:

My mum's friend's neighbour (bit disjointed i know) was throwing out old things and was about to throw this acoustic until the friend grabbed it for me. she was only going to throw it out because a couple of strings were broken. I'm so glad she didn't.

It reads inside B & M Soloist handmade by Yairi Serial No. 5 AD 1966.

It plays so beautifully and i've also been looking for how much it is supposed to be worth. it has a few scratches but it shouldn't make too much difference i would have thought.

I have No 51 made in 1965, and it cost £16! Still sounds good to me. No idea what its current value is - I'd be interested to know if you find out.

: I have No 51 made in 1965, and it cost £16! Still sounds good to me. No idea what its current value is - I'd be interested to know if you find out.

: : I have No. 164 B & M SOLOIST Made by Yairi Japan
1965. I payed $900 Australian in 2002.
What a great sound.
She is definatelly a keeper..

Yairi Guitar = Hand made

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yairi Guitar = Hand made

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.