1976 Yairi Alvarez 5080

Posted by David W on Thu, 03/06/08 - 15:26:32.

I've got a 1976 Yairi Alvarez acoustic 6-string, model 5080 that I've owned since 1979 although believe it or not its been in my son's closet for a very long time. My understanding is it's basically a copy of a Martin D-41 but I'm looking to get a sense of street/insurance value. Its in excellent shape and plays well but the guy I bought it from way back then replaced the original tuners with a set of Grovers. The Grovers are a bit worn cosmetically but still work fine. I contacted Alvarez and they say the 5080 listed for $500 in '76 but couldn't give me a resale value and I found a guy who sold a 1970 model 5080 for over $1100 but I have no idea where the value would go from there.

Last question would be... anyone know anyone who sells vintage parts? I'd like to find a circa '76 set of original machines. THANKS!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez 5080

:
: I've got a Alvarez Model 5080 Thin Body Clissical Electric Cutaway Serial: #840080. I have no idea what it is worth , when it was made. Can someone please help me find out. The guitar sounds great and I don't want to sell it I just want to know more about it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.