Re: value of 1990 Alvarez Yairi DY 53

Advertisement
Posted by yairi_luvr on Sat, 09/27/08 - 22:42:01.

: Not sure if you've found the information you were looking for yet, but I was in a small "mom and pop" guitar shop in my area today, seriously thinking of purchasing the very guitar you are asking about. I trust the owner completely, and he gave me a little bit of information about the guitar. You do have one of the more common shapes, the "european jumbo", and they made it from 1988-1991, I think. But anyway, the value of the guitar is somewhere between $500.00 and $750.00, depending on the condition. The one I was playing today, is in near mint condition, with only a few minor surface scratches on the back, and it was priced at $695.00. I hope this helps, and I hope he's not selling it! It's hard to find a guitar with pecan back and sides these days. You just can't match the midrange complexity if this guitar. If he does want to sell it, write me back, and I may buy it from you. Good luck and happy playing to you both.
: -Jason R. Dorsey

:
: : Looking for value my husband's guitar
: : Spruce Top..Pecan Back and Sides..This is the European jumbo body. This guitar is SWEET and BEAUTIFUL with hard case. Any help would be appreciated, I just can't find any value info on this guitar.

Hello,

This model had a retail price in 1989 of $649 and was called the CANYON CREEK JUMBO. Just a note, there are at least TWO other DY53 Alvarez Yairi models, so it could get confusing if you hadn't mentioned it having the Pecan back.

For help with most question on K. Yairi, Alvarez Yairi, Sada/Sadao or Hiroshi Yairi Acoustic guitars.

Ask your question on ALLEXPERTS site:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Acoustic-Guitars-3420/

Regards,
D.Hughes

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.