Answers to questions on K. Yairi, S. Yairi, etc. models!

Posted by yairi_luvr on Sat, 09/27/08 - 23:31:09.

After looking through half these posts (most without an answer) I thought I'd try to answer a few~ but, it would be much easier if anyone wanting info on their Yairi's (or Alvarez Yairi, etc.) Ask your question at the link below. At least that way I'll know the person will GET the response (since most of these are very old) and I'll get notified via e-mail of new questions, as they come in. That way I don't have to spend a lot of time looking through the posts here.

For help with most question on K. Yairi, Alvarez Yairi, Sada/Sadao or Hiroshi Yairi Acoustic guitars.

Ask your question on ALLEXPERTS site:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Acoustic-Guitars-3420/

Regards,
D.Hughes

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

question

Dear Yairi- Team,

my name is Mario Thiel, I'am living in Germany. For a few weeks I'am a proud owner of a brand new Yairi-DY 62 C (2001) – guitar. It`s a wonderful instrument, I love it. The processing-quality and the sound are magnificent. The pure sound (without the pickup) is absolutely perfect.

And now my question/my problem: The sound of the built in pickup (Yairi 500 T) is not perfect. It`s too hard, not soft....not naturelly... I'am am musican in germany. I often play live on stage. I need a perfect pickup-system, to him sounded of this wonderful instrument also does justice. I have read from Alvarez – T600 MK II. I can combine the sound of the piezo-pickup with that of a microphone.

It`s possible to exchanged the pickup ? Can I insert in my guitar the pickup with the Alvarez Mikrophone ? Does this make sense, would this be a sound improvement ?
Can you help me, that to procure this Alvarez T 600 MK II – System with the Mikrophone ? A high price is o.k. for me.

Many thanks in advance and the best greetings from germany.

Mario Thiel
Handy: 0177/3108847
E-Mail: ThielMario@t-online.de

Alvarez guitar- Signature Edition

Hello,

Thank you very much for offering to answer some questions.
I bought an Alvarez Acoustic Signature Edition in 1985 and am the original owner. The whole body is made of Rosewood and has turned an orange like color over the years. This wood is inside and out and has no lamination. It has abalone inlays and solid abalone tuning keys. It has the signature on the bottom. It is a DY 61 model and the serial number is 58340.
When I bought it, the salesman told me the guitar had a solid top and would one day be a collector's item. I hated it when I first bought it because it had a tinny sound but that sound is gone and now it has a lovely rich sound. I have not seen this particular guitar any where and was wondering what it might be valued at these day? I paid a hefty $550.00 for it in 1985 in Mobile, Alabama. I have played it all over the south in nightclubs, churches, tent revivals and beach bon fires. I've used it to write over a hundred songs. I gave it to my son who was a great guitarist and took it back after his suicide. This guitar has seen some things and played some songs.
Thanx for taking time with me.
Regards, AK

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.