Re: S. yairi model 880 1976

Advertisement
Posted by yairi_luvr on Sun, 04/26/09 - 15:12:44.

: I have the same guitar that you have. Any information about it? All I know is that S. Yairi is related to K. Yairi either as a son or a cousin. And that S. Yairi guitars are better then K. Yairi guitars, but K. Yairi's were more known coz S. Yairi started his own after. If you have any information about how much it cost please contact me.

: www.myspace.com/iknowspoon

Hello Spoon,
Sadao Yairi was Kazuo Yairi's Uncle. Whether his guitars or Kazuo's are best, should be left to an individual preference after playing equal models of each luthier.

Your info is mostly incorrect, Sadao started his company in 1932 after leaving his job at Suzuki Violin. Kazuo didn't take over his Father's business until the early 1960's.

The 880 is just above mid level of the S. Yairi models. Solid Spruce top, with Rosewood Laminates on the back and sides. Generally (of course depending on condition) go for between $475 and $650 on EBay.
yl

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

S. Yairi Concert Guitar 1986 model

I purchased this guitar back in 1986 when attending Portsmouth College of Art
I still have it and the original case. It is in mint condition and sounds exactly the same as when I bought it.

I have no idea of it's present value.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.