Re: I have a alvarez model 5047 and i want to know how much its

Advertisement
Posted by Rosewood on Sat, 08/01/09 - 17:03:08.

: I have a alvarez model 5047 and i want to know how much its worth, I cant find anything anyware about it

I also own a 5047, and mine is NOT laminate -- you can see the rosewood pattern is the same on the inside and outside of the back, which isn't true of a laminate back. Mine has an awesome tiger stripe pattern that is just gorgeous. Mine is a 1975 model, so perhaps the older ones are more valuable. I paid 350 for mine, and consider it a steal bec it is a 000 size (also called concert model by other manufacturers.) Mine is essentially an exact copy of Martin's Eric Clapton model (though it predates same by many years).

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

K. Yairi Kiari Guitar model no. 0185

*I have a Guitar as described above, it is in nice condition and has the letters 'D' 'E' in gold letters on the main body just below the sound hole, and about 2" high. The Guitar was hand made in Japan according to the label, and the letters
look the same as other gold embelishments on the Guitar that I feel suggests it may have been made for the person with these initials. I may sell and would also be interested to know its value. I would be greatful for any information from anyone with any advice or information on the Guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.