Re: OLD K. YAIRI ALVAREZ DY 45

Advertisement
Posted by yairi_luvr on Thu, 12/10/09 - 02:56:27.

IF it is a K. YAIRI DY45, it is worth a lot more than the Alvarez Yairi DY45!

yl

: : I'M TRYING TO FIND THE YEAR OF MY OLD DY 45. THE LABEL INSIDE HAS THE YAIRI SIGNATURE, SERIAL NUMBER 31599. A STAMP IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER LOOKS LIKE A DATE. 54.9.07 I BOUGHT IT USED 15 YEARS AGO AND IT LOOKED OLD THEN. I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR AT ALL. THANKS

: Bought a DY 45 brand new in Northern Michigan in about 1979. Saw one in a shop in S Bend, IN 2 yrs ago...last one the guy had, and he was asking $950.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Vintage K. Yairi guitar bought in the 60's (Y-100) value?

I bought a K. Yairi guitar back in the mid60's in northern California from a music store in San Leandro. On the inside label it states that it is an international prize winning classical guitar hand-crafted by K. Yairi and it gives a model number of Y-100. Stamped or burned into a block of wood inside the guitar are the numbers 49 337. It has a few minor scratches on the outside but is in incredible condition otherwise. And also has a beautiful, mellow sound for an acoustic classical guitar. It did not come with a case and I have been keeping it stored in a cedar closet in a soft gig bag for years. Can anyone tell me what the value would be today in the open market if I should want to sell it? I am pretty sure I bought it in 1965 or 1966.

1974 K Yairi dreadnought model dy-57

My mother just gave me my old high school guitar, an Alvarez Kazuo Yairi dreadnought model DY 57, serial 6317. I still play and perform. I remember when we bought it, brand new. I now play a Mossman that I bought new in 1984. I'm wondering how much the Alvarez is worth. It's in mint condition.

DY-45

Hi, I have a 1991 Alvarez Yairi guitar DY-45. The paperwork says it was completed on 6/91 Inside it has the serial number and it is signed Kazuo Yairi. Also, it's in excellant condition. Does anyone have any idea what its worth?
Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.