Re: Alvarez Yairi DY50 limited edition Kazuo

Advertisement
Posted by Steve Lawrence on Sat, 12/26/09 - 18:06:11.

: : : I have a Limited Edition Yari Kazuo DY50. serial #32016. Any imformation on this fine guitar would great!

: : Hello I was curious as to if you ever recieved any info on this guitar! I have a 1979 Kazuo yairi DY-50 Limited edition #031 of 900. Would love to have any info on this instruement!!

: Unfortunatly I never recieved any information on this guitar but if you do please forward it thanks Rod.

::The DY 50 was one of Yairi's limited editions. Not too sure about the construction of the DY 50 but the
DY50N was a laminate Brazillian Rosewood. As you may surmise, the Brazillian Rosewood stocks are reserved for the primo stuff Kazuo produces. Matter of fact, the "N" suffix always denotes Brazillian. I have owned two, recently selling the cosmetically best one to the lead singer/guitarist of "Nellie", formerly known as "Worship Project", a band of some repute here in Salina, KS. FYI, I own or have owned 9 Yairis, and rate the 50n's I have owned as the top of the "creme de la creme". Only one I have that compares is a non-Alvarez Yairi, model # AR321S, which is also a straight shoulder but has a sound that smokes all of the Gibsons for the bright/country sound. The 50N that i kept has a repaired broken headstock that nonetheless smokes most d28s for tone, sound and volume, and i have played quite a few of those.
Hope this helps, and by the way, I have only seen one Yairi that was a "lemon", a DT38 that was "rode hard, and put up wet"! In short, you will probably never go wrong with a Yairi. Check "em out at Harmony Central reviews, and you will see what I mean. Over and over again, you will see, "Bought a Yairi, sold my Martin"
Hope this helps,
Steve Lawrence

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

ALVAREZ LIMITED EDITION DY50 1979

looking for a very limited edition Yuri 1979 dy50

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.