RIVERHEAD GUITAR BY HEADWAY

Posted by Andre Barlow on Fri, 01/13/06 - 08:54:16.
In Reply to Riverhead Guitars

Hi,
I have recently acquired a riverhead headless guitar from a friend.
It is about 20 years old and in excellent nick!
I would like to know more about it if I can, like. . .
What's it's value?
What kind of pickups it has?
What materials it is made of?
I hope you can help?

Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have one of this unicorn

I have one of this unicorn guitars, excellent, generous, pretty red.
I bought her in the 80's, and today is exactry the same. Sounds perfect, all original. Great instrument, rare..and cheap. Curious.

Re: RIVERHEAD GUITAR BY HEADWAY

Hi

Riverhead is an excellent guitar; I hard one my self but I gave it to one of my friend last year because I wouldn't get much if I had sold it; it a Japanese copy that came out around 80s after steinberger original came in the market.......
and then Japanese company came with riverhead, hohner, but it is fun guitar to play and sound good.
it doesn't value much.......

I have had this riverhead/headway for nearly 22 years and i am looking to buy a vigier . If anyone is interested write to me It`s black one piece with active pick ups.

Riverhead guitar

I had a pearl white Riverhead guitar with the active pickups and someone broke into my home and stole it among other items. That was my favorite guitar. I haven't been able to find another pearl white one in the 3 years since the theft. I would like to see a pic of your riverhead and I will consider buying it from you. Email me at triptees@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Tony

pearl white river head

Are you still looking for a pearl white Riverhead ?

Pearl White Riverhead Guitar

Don
Just saw this - are you looking to sell?
Martin

I just bought a Riverhead headless bass off ebay for AUD425. Details as as below

RIVERHEAD HEADLESS BASS GUITAR

STEINBERGER CLONE

MADE BY HEADWAY GUITARS JAPAN - PROBABLY 1982/83

A Mini Monster of a Bass.

This great little headless bass was the first of the Steinberger clones I think. Made in Japan by Headway guitars about 1982. Now quite rare and sought after.

A very versatile and light bass, with twin humbuckers, and a full 24 fret scale. It takes normal strings, not the double ball Steinberger strings, which will save a lot when you need to replace them. Plays very well.

If you are looking for a lightweight bass with heavyweight performance, this is ideal. Would also make a good travelling bass and will probably fit in a small guitar case.

Specifications:

Pickups
2 humbuckers

Hardware
Black

Scale
33.5" long scale

Frets
24 - 2 octaves

Neck Joint
Set

Neck Material
Wood

Fingerboard
Probably rosewood

Body Material
Wood

Finish
Black

Controls
Separate volume for each pickup and a tone control.

Machine heads
Steinberger style at bridge

Made in Japan

I unloaded a Headway Unicorn bass just before I moved to Australia. Now I deeply regret it. Years ago, I also owned one of the Riverhead's with the asymmetrical 2/2 headstock and an aftermarket active system in it that was the best ever. I traded it and, well, deep regrets. It played better than anything I've had since.

If you know of anyone selling any of these basses in Australia, by all means let me know. I'm even willing to pay a finders fee if I hook up with one of these in good nick. Rob dualsubstance@hotmail.com

I own a river head bass same model. I bought in 1985. Mine is metalic red. Still jammin. Serial numbers what is the guitar worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.