Price check on my Kay Bass

Posted by Kenton on Tue, 08/15/06 - 13:10:51.

I own a vintage Kay Bass guitar and I am wondering how much it is worth? The model is KB-24 and i think is from the 70's but I'm not sure. Anybody please help me figure this out, and your help is greatly appriciated!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

kay bass

Hi,I have a Kay KB-24 bass and stamped on the neck..when removed is a date stamp 68/3/31 (USA dating). From Wikipedia I found that they were made in USA from 20's-60's! Not much on nett except a few that have been stated as 70's..which well may be..depending on how long they ran.

I always thought Kay was an Asian Co. originally but now see they were USA.

Would love to know for sure what this date stamp could mean!

Regards,

John.

Re: Price check on my Kay Bass

l too own a KB 24 bass you are right it's early 70s. Worth? l paid 70 pounds recently for it and have seen them ebay for 130 to 150. My one is sunburst with what looks like a 2 tone pick guard and maple neck. For a 40 year old bass it still sounds great.

andy whitfield
school.governor@hotmail.co.uk

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.