Re: Information on a Vintage Kay Acoustic Guitar

Posted by Gary on Thu, 09/27/07 - 17:42:20.

: Hi My name is Gary and I wonder if anyone could please email me with any information they may have on an acoustic Kay guitar I recently perchased at a yard sale. It has a full body that closely resembles that of a J45 Gibson acoustic that a friend of mine has, and it also is finished with a blonde color face with a couple of black accent circles around the hole, the rest has a dark wine almost black body finish. The Kay logo had been removed long ago only leaving the outline of where it had been and also the pick guard was removed, both these had been held on with screws. If you look inside the hole you can plainly see stamped the numbers 339, its the only numbers I've noticed and not alot to go on, but now what I'm wondering is could it mean 3rd month as in March and 39 like in 1939? If anyone knows what this stamped number means could they please email me with any information, it would be greatly appreciated and thankyou.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Kay Guitar Starter Model K -100 S

Looking for info about Kay Starter Model K 100 S.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.