Re: Kay Model #K570

Advertisement
Posted by Me Too on Wed, 04/01/09 - 15:31:53.

I have a guitar like that too. Mine is an acoustic ("dreadnought" body size) with a vine engraving on the back. The label on the inside says "Model No. K570" and “Made in Korea”. The headstock is shaped like a Martin D-18. The pick guard has the orange and white circle Kay logo and a bird (with a nuclear logo) and a Native American pattern around it. There is a rosette around the sound hole as also. There are 20 frets. The Bridge has adjustable two screws. I brought at a thrift shop about ten year ago.

: : I think I may have a guitar like this too. Mine is an acoustic(the body being approximately the size of a Martin D-18) with sort of a vine engraving on the back. The label inside is hard to read but what I can read says "Model No. K 570" and then there is some kind of number beneath that but I can't make it out. Here is the confusing part, the peghead is shaped like a Galagher guitar and it has "Kalamazoo" INLAID in the peghead! I have checked with George Gruhn and also with Gibson's acoustic guitar expert, Walter Carter and neither one can identify it. I have pictures, if anyone would care to take a shot at identifying it. Also, I would like to sell it, if I could find out what it is worth.

: : Thanks

: : : Its hard to say without seeing the guitar.
: : : Maybe you can send some photo's of the guitar.

: : : Greetz Paul

: :
: : : : I have come across a Kay model K570. It is a nice sounding acoustic with engravings on the back. Can anyone give me the approximate age of the instrument?

: I have a Kay model K570 that my mother bought for me in 1978. Curious to know what it would be worth?

: Marty

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kay Model #K570 (what its worth)

The guitar you all are talking about I would sell for between 1500-5000 dollars in my store. If youve got one, or see one, get it. I will give you up to a thousand depending on its condition.

-George Gruhn

The above post is an absolute fabrication. It was not posted by George Gruhn and Gruhn Guitars is not responsible for any offers made via a forum such as this. If interested in selling an instrument, please contact us via gruhn@gruhn.com.

Thanks!

The guitar you all are talking about I would sell for between 1500-5000 dollars in my store. If youve got one, or see one, get it. I will give you up to a thousand depending on its condition.

-George Gruhn

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.