Kay acoustic Guitar K-500 starter

Posted by Ron Miller on Thu, 10/16/03 - 20:50:55.

I friend of mine as an old acoustic Kay guitar that has K-500 on the tag through the sound hole. Can anyone tell me
anthing about this guitar, year it was made, where it was made, it's construction, it's value, etc. Any information at all
will be more than we have now. Thanks, Ron Miller

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kay acoustic Guitar K-500 starter

i have a K500 that my dad bought at a car boot sale in the mid 80's, he paid 12 quid for it. beautiful guitar, just a pity that the top section of the scratchplate got knocked off somehow. mine appears to be a sort of "posh" version, as my best friend was so in love with it he spent 5 years trying to find himself one, his has a stuck-on scratchplate not screwed on, the binding is painted on rather than inlaid & the keys are metal not white & shaped.

: I friend of mine as an old acoustic Kay guitar that has K-500 on the tag through the sound hole. Can anyone tell me
: anthing about this guitar, year it was made, where it was made, it's construction, it's value, etc. Any information at all
: will be more than we have now. Thanks, Ron Miller

guitar

Have a kay starter sieries k-500 what's the value ? It's in mint condition

I have a Kay Acoustic K-500E that I bought new in 1990. It is considered the 100 year anniversary edition. It has a factory pick and I gave 400.00 for it then

: I friend of mine as an old acoustic Kay guitar that has K-500 on the tag through the sound hole. Can anyone tell me
: anthing about this guitar, year it was made, where it was made, it's construction, it's value, etc. Any information at all
: will be more than we have now. Thanks, Ron Miller

i have a K500 also. it needs work but still in pretty good condition and its for sale at £150.. any interest reply through this ad....thanx guys

I also have an old acoustic guitar with K-500 label through the soundhole. I would not say it is a starter guitar, it has a lovely tone and long sustain (as good as our vintage Framus). The deep lacquer and pearl insets also tell me it is a good quality instrument. High up inside appears to be the date 1981 I would really love to know more about it
: I have a Kay Acoustic K-500E that I bought new in 1990. It is considered the 100 year anniversary edition. It has a factory pick and I gave 400.00 for it then

: : I friend of mine as an old acoustic Kay guitar that has K-500 on the tag through the sound hole. Can anyone tell me
: : anthing about this guitar, year it was made, where it was made, it's construction, it's value, etc. Any information at all
: : will be more than we have now. Thanks, Ron Miller

K500 Starter

Would like to know more about a recent purchase of This Great sounding K-500 Starter guitar made in Korea .
it has great tone the tuning pegs have this great ornamental harp like design , the body is a dark Mahogany. very curious of age and worth.
Thanks for any input

Kay Guitars were made in Korea.

I also have a K500 starter that has the tag through the sound hole... I got it as a used gift, and the only thing I know about it was that the guy who bought it, bought it in 1990 i believe. I would also like to know more about it.

I have the k570 acoustic, I know nothing about it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.