Re: KAY model 475

Posted by Jeff on Tue, 12/15/09 - 17:38:40.

: : : Hi,
: : : I've just bought on Ebay (not received yet) a KAY model 475 serial # 240276... and that's all I know about this guitar... I'd like to know were it was builted (USA o indolesa) and if possible the year
: : : Thanks a lot
: : : Roland (from FRANCE)

: I have the same guitar and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the axe? I love mine and would sell it if the price was right. Thanks peter

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Kay model # K475

I got me a Kay 475 yesterday, its been sitting in a disaster house for years, looks like the same strings, Its a project guitar at this point, but I am going to try to make it come alive, the bridge is plastic and its cracked, so I have replaced it with a wood one, the saddle is plastic, I changed that out to bone, the pickguard is steel and in perfect shape, neck looks good, no adjustment, but it has a steel reinforced neck, says made in Korea on the back headstock, sderial number 230776, so I guess its a 1976, the flat top body is not flat, has a belly up behind the bridge, and sunk down in front of the bridge, I added a few temporary braces, I got a 30lb brick sitting on top of it right now, I moistened the inside of the sound hole, also added a cup with water, sealed it up and set the whole thing in at sunny spot in the house, if my little project works, great, if not, it might make a good paddle for my canoe. What ever happens, it will be better than when received.

: : : : Hi,
: : : : I've just bought on Ebay (not received yet) a KAY model 475 serial # 240276... and that's all I know about this guitar... I'd like to know were it was builted (USA o indolesa) and if possible the year
: : : : Thanks a lot
: : : : Roland (from FRANCE)

: : I have the same guitar and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the axe? I love mine and would sell it if the price was right. Thanks peter

i have one and it was made in korea

: : : : Hi,
: : : : I've just bought on Ebay (not received yet) a KAY model 475 serial # 240276... and that's all I know about this guitar... I'd like to know were it was builted (USA o indolesa) and if possible the year
: : : : Thanks a lot
: : : : Roland (from FRANCE)

: : I have the same guitar and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the axe? I love mine and would sell it if the price was right. Thanks peter..........
I have been researching the same model.I'm not sure where they are made,I'm sure somewhere in Asia.But to figure out the year you need to find the serial number.I think the way to figure out the year of manufacture is, the last two didgets are the year it was made,and the numbers before the last two are the order that it was made that year in that given factory.Good Luck,
Jeff

: : : : : Hi,
: : : : : I've just bought on Ebay (not received yet) a KAY model 475 serial # 240276... and that's all I know about this guitar... I'd like to know were it was builted (USA o indolesa) and if possible the year
: : : : : Thanks a lot
: : : : : Roland (from FRANCE)

: : : I have the same guitar and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the axe? I love mine and would sell it if the price was right. Thanks peter..........
: I have been researching the same model.I'm not sure where they are made,I'm sure somewhere in Asia.But to figure out the year you need to find the serial number.I think the way to figure out the year of manufacture is, the last two didgets are the year it was made,and the numbers before the last two are the order that it was made that year in that given factory.Good Luck,
: Jeff

Well call me goofy I see you have your serial number posted.I guess I was not paying close enough attention.It looks like it was made in 1976 and was the 20402nd one made that year in that factory.Hope it helps you out.
Jeff

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.