songster guitar

Posted by raza on Fri, 01/28/05 - 15:46:02.

I have a Slingerland Songster...perfect condition, action is a bit stiff and high. I never was a bif fan of arch-tops, I play Nationals mostley but this is an fun guitar and my brother found it in a pawn shop in chicago a few years back for about $150.00. There isn't a scratch on it and the neck is "true"...someone took very good care of it.
I am thinking about using lighter guage strings...it was made in the 30's as far as I can tell and the tone far exceeds my Martin.
Wondering what it is worth or how many are out there?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: songster guitar

hi i have a sligerland songster but it does have some nicks and scraps the research ive done tells me thare are vary few i also have the amp and the stand that was originaly sold with it if you want to talk email me

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.