maybell guitar

Posted by marty trigg on Tue, 12/13/05 - 19:12:00.

d oes anyone know any history behind a maybell guitar.I bought one a while back,there is no labelinside just "maybell"on the headstock. If you could let me know.Thanks MARTY. tHIS GUITAR IS 00018 SIZE WITH A PICKGUARD SUSPENDED OFF THE BODY.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

may Bell Guitar

I have a May Bell , it is very lovely, it has cherubs playing horns at the bottom of the guitar, my vision is not so good, hope I can read the code

maybell

got a 30 s may bell..want to sell..make offer

slingerland hawian laptop maybell

Yup I have this guitar and is in beautiful shape. It was left to me by my uncle and is absoulutely my favorite guitar. And I have many to choose from!! It has stood the test of time and was produced in 1920'S. This guitar rings out loud like a true vintage masterpeice. Took it to a vimtage dealer and he offered me 600$. I laughed all the way out the door because its priceless to me. If anyone doing a book and would like like photographs of it I would be happy to help out.

Re: maybell guitar

Just bought a 1937 May Bell F Hole Archtop in good shape.

Made in Chicago, but absolutely nothing much else to tell you. It plays better than a lot of vintage Gibsons or Kalamazoos. This one was on a rack in a store for 20 years.

It is absolutely perfect geometrically. Plays well all the way up the neck with all orginal everything including the case.

John

: d oes anyone know any history behind a maybell guitar.I bought one a while back,there is no labelinside just "maybell"on the headstock. If you could let me know.Thanks MARTY. tHIS GUITAR IS 00018 SIZE WITH A PICKGUARD SUSPENDED OFF THE BODY.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.