Maybell Guitar

Posted by John Pace on Sun, 03/05/06 - 04:40:07.

I own a maybell guitar. it wasmade back in the late 20's -early 30's. I have owned since 1947 and still plays well. this one is a flat top with a short neck. It was orignaly set up as a lap steel, or dobro. I removed the metal spacer at the head of the fret board to lower the strings so it could be played as a guitar. I still have all the orignal picks and metal slide that came with it. This guitar is what I learned to play on. It has the orignal case.

For the right price I would be interested in selling it. I have other guitars that has replced it over the years. I only play it now and then. John

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Maybell Guitar

: I own a maybell guitar. it wasmade back in the late 20's -early 30's. I have owned since 1947 and still plays well. this one is a flat top with a short neck. It was orignaly set up as a lap steel, or dobro. I removed the metal spacer at the head of the fret board to lower the strings so it could be played as a guitar. I still have all the orignal picks and metal slide that came with it. This guitar is what I learned to play on. It has the orignal case.

: For the right price I would be interested in selling it. I have other guitars that has replced it over the years. I only play it now and then. John Do you have any pictures of this guitar?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.