Slingerland guitar

Posted by Carl Van Gundy on Sun, 01/07/07 - 22:23:11.

I am in the posession of a Slingerland guitar. My wife's dad had bought this guitar used in the 1930'S and had used it a lot as one can tell buy the fret board being used all thr way up to the 8th and 9th fret. Now my question is, I find that it looks a lot like a model 83, but has nitehawk inlaid in the top of the tunner head instead of slingerland and has may bell inlaid on the bottom of the tuner head instead of nitehawk as shown in the differant pictures that I find on the internet. Everything else looks the same as near as I can tell. The tuning pegs are plastic, and are singular not on a metal strip with 3 on each strip. So maybe this is not a model 83?
Would like to know if possable which model this is and if it is worth anything to a collector.
hope to hear from you.
Thank you.
Carl

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Slingerland guitar

http://cgi.ebay.com/1933-SLINGERLAND-MAYBELL-NITE-HAWK-ARCHTOP-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ260290074769QQihZ016QQcategoryZ118979QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.