the framus model billy lorento electric guitar.

Posted by leo on Tue, 05/24/05 - 03:36:57.
In Reply to German-Guitars

hi iam leo and my brother in holland has asked me to find out about the guitar he has , the guitar was from our late father , who played in a band for over 25 years,. we like to know what price tack would be on a well looked afther, in exelent order[[ Framus model billy lorento, guitar]]]], build in very early 1960 bavaria germany,
as a child a can remember the sound of this guitar, it was awsome.
thank you and hope to hear from anyone who knows about this guitar,,,,,,, leo,,,,,,,

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: the framus model billy lorento electric guitar.

i have a framus billy lorento model guitar, im really interested in finding out more about it. i believe it is around 1955 to 59 year model. it was my dads, he was stationed in germany during that time, it was his 1st guitar. thanks to anyone who can set me in the right direction on this!!

: hi iam leo and my brother in holland has asked me to find out about the guitar he has , the guitar was from our late father , who played in a band for over 25 years,. we like to know what price tack would be on a well looked afther, in exelent order[[ Framus model billy lorento, guitar]]]], build in very early 1960 bavaria germany,
: as a child a can remember the sound of this guitar, it was awsome.
: thank you and hope to hear from anyone who knows about this guitar,,,,,,, leo,,,,,,,

Hi, I actually bought a framus Billy Lorento guitar a few years ago and Loved it. I only payed $65.00 hear in America. It was much older and was missing some parts. when repaired it was cool. Definitly a Jazz box. Billy Lorento was the stage name of a guy we know here in the states as Bill Lawrence. His pickups are prefered by rockers and certain metal players. Anyway when I looked at selling my Framus I got 150.00 for it. That was 12 years ago. If you're interested in getting more info or putting it out there for sale, try harmony central or Ebay.

Hey this is funny, a kid gave this model of guitar to my wife at school today. My first guitar was a Framus dreadnought style acoustic, kind of like a Gibson Hummingbird, so when I pulled it out to see the damage, I noticed the 'Billy Lorento' name on it. I immediately got online and found the Bill Lawrence website. I thought that the pickup/pickguard assembly looked like a Bill Lawrence unit, and I was right. These guitars were produced in the early 1960's and featured a chrome pickguard/dual single coil pickup unit with a strange output screw on Diode thingy. I am trying to decide whether to make an adapter unit or modify the pickup unit. I really don't want to destroy the piece, but I also know that this guitar will be played in the future, and for practical purposes, a 1/4 inch jack would be preferred. Anyway, this guitar still has the original tag from the music store it was purchased at, and it was owned by the boy's grandfather as well, so I was warmed to see your story. Good luck with yours.
WAlly

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.