Levin guitar

Posted by Gene on Fri, 12/12/08 - 19:01:24.

My Levin guitar was purchased in Europe in 1963. It is a model 111 with serial number 434021 (I think; it is a little hard to read). Is there a cross-walk with the Goya label (as marketed in the US); that is, what is the Goya equivalent of a Levin model 111? I was offered $3500 for the instrument by a lutist some years ago.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Levin 111 for sale

I have a Levin 111 in original case, both items are in exellent condition. If this has any interrest I can provide pictures and serial number, then You can send me a bid.

Levin 111

My questions are:
1) If you sell a guitar Levin 111?
2) Can you tell me where I can buy a guitar Levin 111?

Reinhard

Levin 111

My questions are:

Reinhard

levin guitar

Serial number 3315630 model number 115. I have owned it since I was 13! A very long time, is this a 55 or 56? It had some work done to the bottom, has been re-glued by professional but obviously has some aesthetic issues so the value isn't there anymore but sounds fantastic!
Thanks

Re: Levin guitar

The equivalent of Levin 111 is Goya G-30. Your serial no dates it to 1963.

I have followed Goya auctions on Ebay for some years now and would say that a G-30 normally goes for 500 - 1300 $.

My experience however is that Levin branded instruments reaches higher prices than their Goya equivalents.

Levin guitar

Hi is there any information on a Levin modell 123. It has AB Herman Carlson Levin. thanks

The equivalent of Levin 111 is Goya G-30. Your serial no dates it to 1963.

: I have followed Goya auctions on Ebay for some years now and would say that a G-30 normally goes for 500 - 1300 $.

: My experience however is that Levin branded instruments reaches higher prices than their Goya equivalents.

Levin 111

My questions are:

Reinhard

Re: Levin guitar

Steve,

Check out the Levin Catalog page at goyaguitars.tripod.com

Specifically

http://goyaguitars.tripod.com/levin_catalog68_9.htm

It is in Swedish, but the 123 is a steelstring guitar, with alpspruce in the top and birch in sides and bottom. The scale is 630 mm. (pretty close to what is normally referred to as short scale)

/Magnus

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.