Greco made in Japan?

Advertisement
Posted by Joe Losacco (via moderator) on Wed, 04/20/05 - 20:28:39.

A friend brought me this Greco guitar that the neck plate reads it was made in Japan. The insignia on the peghead is the same font and script as the ones listed on this site but I am trying to get a little more info on it. It is a hollow body with 2 F holes and has what seems to be a plastic veneer finish over the entire body and the bridge is made of wood with a hardtail bridge and a mock Bigsby trem system. Two single coil type pickups and a Mic1 and Mic 2 toggle switch. The said bridge has felt on the bottom of it and was not secured in place allowing the bridge to float back and forth. This problem was allowing the E strings to "fall off" the neck. There is no prescence of a model number anywhere to help identify the guitar. I have removed the neck to see if there would be a marking there and there isn't. any help would be appreciated in helping me figure out what to do to set the bridge in place properly and any other adjustments that may be necessary. Thanks you in advance for any help.

P.S. I can a
lso furnish a pic if needed to help accomodate me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Greco made in Japan?

dude man i got one that sounds just like the one you have.
it is green and has two demon horns on it.
also the string problem that you mentioned is there as well.
there is no model no on it either.
give me an e-mail and i'll give you a pic.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.