LTG Levin 12 string

Posted by duke smith on Fri, 08/26/05 - 13:31:15.

Could you please advise me. I have a 12 string ltg 5. The top is very cracked but I can have a new top put on it for 300 euros. I have a sentimental attachment to this instrument but I would like to know if it is worth anything and whether I will reduce the value by having it repaired in this way. Any help would be much appreciated. Derek Smith

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: LTG Levin 12 string

I do not know the Levin LTG5 but it sounds to be similar to the LTS5 or the Goya TS5, blond maple back and sides, and chrome open tuners. Anyway, I wouldn´t recommend changing top if it isn´t competely beyond repair. If the sound is affected (vibrations, friction noise...) try repairing the cracks (by a proffessional repairman). The spruce tops in particular, and the fine selected materials in general, were what gave the Levins/Goyas their reputation. You should not focus on the visual looks, but on the fine sound of the guitar, Risk is that it would not be at all the same with exchanged top.

/Magnus

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.