Goya Levin GG174

Posted by Tara on Sat, 11/05/05 - 07:43:32.

My friend has a Goya Levin GG174 1971 (?) guitar that she's thinking of selling because she's had it for years, but barely played it. This guitar belonged to her older brother (I believe he bought it new) and she got it from him in her teens (70's). The guitar is in wonderful condition (includes the case)and has a beautiful, deep sound (even though it needs new strings). I've looked in the Orion Vintage Blue Book, but it's not listed. Not currently listed on e-bay. I found the ads for it on the web, but no original price listed. Any idea what this guitar might be worth? Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Goya Levin GG174

: My friend has a Goya Levin GG174 1971 (?) guitar that she's thinking of selling because she's had it for years, but barely played it. This guitar belonged to her older brother (I believe he bought it new) and she got it from him in her teens (70's). The guitar is in wonderful condition (includes the case)and has a beautiful, deep sound (even though it needs new strings). I've looked in the Orion Vintage Blue Book, but it's not listed. Not currently listed on e-bay. I found the ads for it on the web, but no original price listed. Any idea what this guitar might be worth? Thanks!

Pls let me know if your friend still has the guitar and is still considering selling it.

Hi,
I would be interresting in bying a guitar like that, the same model was sold in Eourope as Levin model 174. My beleive is that it replaced Model LT18 (Goya T18). They are fairly seldom seen at ebay, but I have seen Goya T18 go for from 200 to 500$ depending on condition. If You are interrested in selling to me contact me by email (magnus.hultin@mbox301.tele2.se). I would like to see pictures. Have a brother in North Carolina and it could be shipped to him.

Best regards Magnus - Gothenburg Sweden (birthplace of Levin/Goyas)

Hi

If I were you I would wait because the Levins/Goyas are priced way too low. I think it´ll only be a matter of time before more people realize the real value of those instruments.

When I bought mine I first compared it to some high end Martins. I liked the Levin sound better and the height of the strings is individually adjustable, an important feature missing at Gibson, Martin, Fender and all the others.

Regards
Franz

: Hi,
: I would be interresting in bying a guitar like that, the same model was sold in Eourope as Levin model 174. My beleive is that it replaced Model LT18 (Goya T18). They are fairly seldom seen at ebay, but I have seen Goya T18 go for from 200 to 500$ depending on condition. If You are interrested in selling to me contact me by email (magnus.hultin@mbox301.tele2.se). I would like to see pictures. Have a brother in North Carolina and it could be shipped to him.

: Best regards Magnus - Gothenburg Sweden (birthplace of Levin/Goyas)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.