Levin 335

Posted by Ron on Mon, 11/13/06 - 20:19:49.

I have a Levin model 335 that I know to be at least 45 years old. The serial number is unknown. I would like to know if it is collectable and if so, approximate value. It is in good condition and plays well. It is an arch top, "S" holes and a right hand cutout.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Levin 335

: I have a Levin model 335 that I know to be at least 45 years old. The serial number is unknown. I would like to know if it is collectable and if so, approximate value. It is in good condition and plays well. It is an arch top, "S" holes and a right hand cutout.

I have a similiar situation...
levin 335.. in a good condition. beatifull instrument with a very warm and beautifull sound, but it's hard to get any information.. most likely it's from late 60's
if you get any information, please send me a message at
alvarilume@gmail.com
you can see the guitar in video at
http://www.myspace.com/alvarilume
all the best
a.l.

Re: Levin 335

Ron,

Model 335 was the lowest model in Levins 300-series, which were introduced 1955 or -56. There were 5 levels with model 315 as top of the range.

They were available as acoustic or with one or two microphones factory fitted.

There were also 3 smallbodied archtops added to the series in the sixties, with florentine cutaway, more intended for rockers.

The 300 series is considered some of the best guitars Levin ever made. Bare in mind the 335 is the simplest, though.

In Sweden a 335 sells for 220 to 440 GBP, in UK probably a lot more.

Regards...Magnus

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.