Levin Classical

Posted by Jim on Thu, 01/04/07 - 15:16:23.

I have a Levin classical guitar, model 112, serial # 477200. Purchased circa 1967 in Europe. I would like to sell it. It has had little use and is in excellent condition. Any advice? Can you suggest a price? Thanks -- Jim

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Levin Classical

Hello

i know this post is not very actual, but I wonder if you still got the guitar levin.
tks
greg

Re: Levin Classical

Jim,

Levins serial # interval for 1967 is 474503 – 486142, so You must have bougt it fresh from production.

Model 112 was one of the top models in Levins classic line of the 50:s and 60:s. It had top of aged alp spruce, back and sides of mahogany, ebony fretboard and a nice soundhole ornament. I think You can compare it with the Goya G-30 if You check recent auction prices on ebay. I would say from 200-600@ if put on auction in the US. I put the low range to 200 as Levin is not that known on that side of the atlantic, I would recommend to mention the relation to Goya in the item description.

The sales price would possibly be higher if sold in Europe.

Good luck.../Magnus

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.