Setting heavy metal sound for Digitech Rp12

Posted by IbanezHN on Sun, 03/28/04 - 11:18:49.
In Reply to gary's guitar tones

I have Ibanez RG 350DX,PickUp Dimazio Dp100 and DP155,Digitech Rp12,Roland JC 60 AMP.
Someone could help me to setting heavy metal sound on that gear?
Thanks so much!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Setting heavy metal sound for Digitech Rp12

: I have Ibanez RG 350DX,PickUp Dimazio Dp100 and DP155,Digitech Rp12,Roland JC 60 AMP.
: Someone could help me to setting heavy metal sound on that gear?
: Thanks so much!

The RP-12 has many good preset metal patches. As a rough guide, always use the Grunge distortion settings (with a gain setting of 8.5 or higher), and set your amp with the bass and treble all the way up, and the middle all the way down. NB: many of the presets have too much reverb on them for a good metal tone. (which is drier than many people realise). try turning the reverb down, and keep the delay's as they are. Also, stating the obvious, but use your bridge pickup with the guitars tone and volume all the way up, and make sure to use palm muting when playing with heavily distorted sounds.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.