surfcaster pickguard

Posted by mike medina on Mon, 09/17/01 - 00:46:15.

i recently acquired an early 90's charvel surfcaster that has been fitted with a humbucker in the bridge position. i would like to replace this pickup with a lipstick tube pick up, but i realize that this will leave a hole if i use an original style pickguard. The NEW jackson surfcasters, however, use a pickguard that comes down to a 90-degree angle on the lower left corner. this is done to facilitate the standard humbucker on these models. what i want is a pickguard that is cut in the new style, but routed for two lipstick tubes. can anyone help me with this? please e-mail me. thank you.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: surfcaster pickguard

Hi, you can get Chandler Guitars to make you a custom pickguard. They orignally made components for the surfcaster. Look them up on line and then call them. They're very helpful. Good luck. On a side note, would you consider selling your surfy? Blaine.

Re: surfcaster pickguard

Hi, I've got an original charvel surfcaster with the two lipstick pickups, and I really want to swap out the bridge one for a humbucker, maybe we could do some measuring and see if a mutual swap would work out? I might even swap the original lipstick pickup for the humbucker you're using if it's a nice one?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.