Re: Aspen guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Maggie on Fri, 03/04/05 - 20:42:28.

my husband just bought an Aspen 12 String Acoustic at an antique shop. It needs strngs, but looks to be in good shape otherwise and has been autographed by Gary Stewart. As best I can tell from researching the internet, it's a Martin copy. Might have been marketed by the American Music Company, but I don't think the company is still in business. Looks to be late 70's, but would love to find a way to date it.. but can't find a site with any serial number information.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aspen AD-15

Does anyone know how many Aspen ad - 15's were made? I can't find anything on the Internet about them. My fiancé gave me one and I just dropped it off to get a little work done to it. How does it compare to the Martin and what year were they made?

Aspen guitar

I have an Aspen ACE-600 guitar made in Japan. It is a dreadnought acoustic, and we were thinking thinking the CE stood for cutaway electric but this looks very much like the D28s. My father bought it used sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. Anybody have any info on this?

Aspen Guitars. Looking to Trade

Hi all. I am an Aspen fan, like most, I came across my frist (an AD-35) by chance in a used music shop. I now have a DR-35, two D-28s and a D-26R. I am interested in trading one of my D-28s for a D-28-12. If anyonehas any interest, please contact me and we can exchange photos and info.

Aspen AD2812 12-String Guitar

I got my Aspen AD2812 Guitar in 1975. I was very sick and my parents asked if there was anything I wanted. They couldn't afford it at the time but they got it. In all that time, and as many 12-string guitars I have played, I have yet to find one that is a clean and smooth sounding as the Aspen. This guitar I still have after all this time. I had a 6-string Alvarez tha came close but not quite. If you can get one, hold on to it.

Need Aspen Guitar companies address

Would someone out there please e-mail me the address for the Aspen Acoustic Guitar Company if you have it. Thanks, Mark A. Sanderson/ marksandersonmusicfansite@yahoo.com

Aspen 12 string guitar

I have an Aspen 12 string model 2812 that I bought new on 8/11/75 (I still have the original sales receipt) for 127.00,and I
paid another $40.00 for the hard case. The tag inside the guitar says it was made in Japan. It is still in mint condition, and,
like the other entries for Aspen, it sounds GREAT! I have owned two Gibson guitars and a few others including a Yamaha
folk guitar, and this is the only one I've kept thru the years.

I have an AD3512 but the serial number starts with a 6 where a lot of others start with a 3 (65760314). In any case, I've owned a couple Martin 12 string, played the D12-42 and currently own a Guild F512 and this Aspen sounds as good or better then they do. I don't know how they made the AD3512 but it's the best cheap acoustic I've ever played, period. I also own a bunch of Martin 6 string guitars including a D-45 Koa and the Aspen is right up there with them.

I have an Aspen AD-35 ("A" for Aspen, "D-35" for the Martin which it's a copy of) which I bought in 1978 for, I think, $125. I ordered it from a place in California. I can't recall the name of the place, but I'm pretty sure it's defunct now. I love the sound, and the look of the 3-piece rosewood back. The Grover tuners keep it in tune wonderfully. I've tried out a Martin D-35, and this guitar sounds much better. This was a relatively inexpensive guitar, but the company put quality materials into it. In case it helps, its serial number is 35761122.

for what its worth, i got my aspen from my father who i think bought it in the early 80s or late seventies. Its a ad15, I also own a martin and to tell you the truth if my house were burning down and I could save only one thing its this guitar. The tone is unreal, if I could i'd buy a hundred more just to have back ups in case something happened to the first 99.

ASPEN AD15

I have an ASPEN AD 15. Bought it in the early 70's. Needs new strings and I need help in picking out the right ones for it.
Any recommendations?

Aspen AD-30, Ser# 30760219. Hummingbird clone. I can't believe how nice this guitar plays. Action is nice. A real good fingerpicking guitar. Great shape. I think it's worth Grovers and a bone saddle and nut. I was looking for a beater and I got a keeper. See oneBuy it. Any more info out there? E-Mail

Aspen AD 30

I have this guitar and am interested in selling it! It has been signed by the lead guitarist from the band rehab. Mr.Doyle Williams. If you are interested in buying this guitar email me with an offer! Thanks

: Aspen AD-30, Ser# 30760219. Hummingbird clone. I can't believe how nice this guitar plays. Action is nice. A real good fingerpicking guitar. Great shape. I think it's worth Grovers and a bone saddle and nut. I was looking for a beater and I got a keeper. See oneBuy it. Any more info out there? E-Mail

Changed Nut and saddle to bone. put Gibson Grovers on. Had setup for 12's. The only thing this guitar lacks is the sustain a Gibson guitar has. decay time was compared to J-50

Aspen guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Aspen guitar

Aspen guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Aspen guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.