Re: Aspen guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Ed Callorina on Wed, 04/06/11 - 02:07:51.

: : : : I have an Aspen AD-35 ("A" for Aspen, "D-35" for the Martin which it's a copy of) which I bought in 1978 for, I think, $125. I ordered it from a place in California. I can't recall the name of the place, but I'm pretty sure it's defunct now. I love the sound, and the look of the 3-piece rosewood back. The Grover tuners keep it in tune wonderfully. I've tried out a Martin D-35, and this guitar sounds much better. This was a relatively inexpensive guitar, but the company put quality materials into it. In case it helps, its serial number is 35761122.

: : : THIS IS A FOLLOW UP AS TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BEFORE CAPITAL TEXT.
: : : I HAVE A ASPEN, MADE IN JAPAN, MODEL AD26-0 WITH A SERIAL NUMBER THAT READS 26780384, AND IT MADE ME WONDER IF THE 26 WAS THE MODEL, THE 78 WAS THE YEAR IT WAS MADE, WHICH LEFT IT WAS THE 384TH ONE MADE. AND I BELIEVE THIS IS HOW ASPEN RECORDED THEIR GUITARS, AS IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME, AND YOUR ABOVE AD35 CARRIES EXACTLY THE SAME FORMAT. SO, GOING BY THAT, IT WOULD OF BEEN MADE IN 1976 AND IT WOULD OF BEEN THE 1122nd AD35 MADE. MAYBE I AM WRONG, BUT THAT IS HOW IT APPEARS TO ME. COL SMART, AUSTRALIA

: I believe you have the serial # format correct. I have a DR35 with a number of 35750407. I picked up the guitar in 1975, oh ....got my wife the same year!
------------------------------
Posted Update April 2011

I also own the AD-35 ASPEN Guitar SR #35740641. I bought this guitar back in I believe 1978. It was my very first guitar that I was able to afford it's still very pretty and sounds great. For many years I have been trying to get information on these guitars. I would love to get more information about these guitar. Please feel free to Email me eacallo55@att.

Thank Ed

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Aspen guitar

Aspen guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Aspen guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.