Sekova 60's guitar - any info at all?

Advertisement
Posted by Mr. Mead on Tue, 10/16/01 - 10:59:29.

I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sekova bass

Just bought a vintage 1960s Sekova solid body offset double cutaway 2 pick up bass guitar in a cherry red finish. In researching this, I have been unable to find any similar pix nor descriptions of same. Only thing missing is one of the volume control knobs which are either steel or aluminum. Obviously, it needs some work. Not a Mosrite nor a Gibson copy, unsure what the heck they were trying to produce with this particular model. Can anyone help out on ID'ing this puppy? Thx so much.

sekova

I just bought a Sekova f-1010 for $50. The lady I bought it from said she bought it new in 1968. It dose not have a serial number but it does have the number 18 stamped on the inside. I was wondering if this was the production number.

sekova guitarra

Hola.

Las guitarras Sekova se fabricaron con componentes Guyatone Y Teisco con unos Pickups muy especiales, 2,7 k Ohm.
mastil y más o menos 3,7 a 5 k Ohm puente, pickups muy valorados pero extremadamente delicados y con un sonido muy especial que si se conectan en desface se consigue un sonido que no puede conseguir las mejores Fender o Gibson.
En el caso de guitarras macizas no son de madera rechapada pero pese a lo que piensen algunos u opiniones algunos entendidos, este rechapado es muy especial y no es el rechapado comun que conocemos hoy que es de muy baja calidad si no al contrario, este rechapado está hecho con finas láminas de madera madera. Esta forma de fabricación se hizo para eliminar el problema de los cuerpos y evitar el trabajo de la madera al secarse con el tiempo. Estas guitarras para el que entiende de verdad de maderas una buena e inteligente forma de fabricación tan buenas como las guitarras macizas que obrecen menos garantías.
Los potes utilizados son mini potes normalmente de 500k A y B.
Los tremolos y puentes son iguales a los de cualquier guitarra fabricada de su época.
Estas guitarras fueron fabricadas y lanzadas al mercado con diferentes marcas pero en el fondo salían de la misma fábrica con diferenres nombres dependiendo del distribuidor.
Puedes tener una Teisco o una Sekova identicas que a lo mejor lo que las diferencia es un simple tornillo de más en el golpeador.
Espero que esto te sea de utilidad.

sakova

hi i have a sakova 1965 eletric guitar was wondering how much its worth

Sekova Bass

I have a Sekova short scale electric bass my Grandad bought used for me Christmas of 72. It is Green Sunburst with matching headstock. Pretty cool actually. I've kept it because my Grand Father bought it for me. $50 used. In Paducah, Ky.

Re: Sekova 60's guitar - any info at all?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Sekova 60's guitar - any info at all?

I own a black Sekova Les Paul copy. I bought it around 1975. It is a beautiful guitar with mother of pearl inlay, gold tuners and pickups. It actually has a great action but does not measure up to a quality guitar in tone. Mine has a hum problem that I will need to fix but as I rarely play it, I haven't gotten around to it.

hi, i live in hawaii, im in the navy. my father owns a 1969 sekova sg look alike. it plays great but has a small bow in the neck. nothing a truss rod couldnt fix. i learned on this guitar. he picked it up in apan around '69 to play on the submarine he was on he was also in the navy.
good luck... brian stoner

I bought a violin shaped, solid body, two pickup, sunburst finish Sekova in the mid 60's from Lafayette Radio in Greensburg, Pa. I wish I would have kept it! Trying to find one is how I ended up here.

I own a violin shaped sekova bass

I have a violin body sekova bass guitar that my uncle brought back from Japan...I have had it for around 15 years and before that it sat in my grandfathers attic for years...it is still in good shape but needs some minor work...if interested please contact me and we can go over details

: I bought a violin shaped, solid body, two pickup, sunburst finish Sekova in the mid 60's from Lafayette Radio in Greensburg, Pa. I wish I would have kept it! Trying to find one is how I ended up here.

Hello I have one, I live in Alaska such a nice guitar just bought it for my self for Christmas,
contact me at harmonicalady58 gmail.com

Hello Friends! Sekova is like Cimar, Morris, Columbus, Greco, Univox, Mann, CSI, Kasuga... etc..etc...etc...
All marks from the same Japanese Factory, at now called IBANEZ (and moved to USA).
There`s interesting history about them, but my horrible english is not enough for a lot... you know... me tarzan, you Jane... no much more :-)
Regards!

I have a wooden acoustic Sekova n5k with a steel reinforced neck that sounds great. Unfortunately I dont have the time to play it anymore so if anybody wants it give me a fair offer and its yours. thanks

well.... I have an old Sekova 6-string acoustic with a steel reinforced neck... My dad bought it in the late 80s... It still sounds fantastic...

: I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

sekova

hey there...I find myself in your shoes; I bought a a used Sekova jazz copy bass, back in 1978. it was old THEN!...fast forward to February 2014;...I was reunited with it a few days ago! I have been a gigging musician for a few decades, and that bass was the one that got me started, helping form my style (good habits and bad). I never knew much about it, except that to me, it sounded pretty good at the time. All I really know now, is that they were a low-end Japanese company, that made copies of EVERYTHING... Mine however is the ONLY Sekova, of ANY kind that I have EVER seen...I hope more info becomes available.....for my part, I WILL refurbish it, and take it on stage soon!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Sekova 60's guitar - any info at all?

I have a 60's(?) Sekova electric that I bought at a flea market not long ago. The body shape is similar to a Fender Duo-Sonic, with a silver pick guard sort of shaped like the state of Texas. It's red, with a red finished neck and one pickup. I looked all over for a serial number, and couldn't find anything, unless maybe it's tucked away inside somewhere.
I bought it because I liked it, but mainly I bought it because it had a complete and working Tremar - arm and set screw and everything(!!) I had originally thought I would take it off and use it to replace the stripped tremolo on my Hagstrom III, but I've decided to let it stay where it is for now, because I like the Sekova so much.
So I don't know how much this helps your research, but they made them in red, they made Fender copies, and they used Hagstrom-style tremolos.

-L

check out Fishin in the Muddy by Gurf Morlix - I think there's a Sekova on the back cover and on the inside

I own a blonde "tele" style Sekova, plays great, the neck is as good as my brand name guitars. found it in a pawn shop in charlotte about 10 years back

: I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

blonde "tele" style Sekova

Do u still have the Sekova tele? I bought a blonde Sekova tele about a year ago. Have not seen anything like this one anywhere. Looks like a Fender. Top loader, hot pickups, very fast maple neck... the guy I bought it from (not original owner) said it was an early 70's model. Send a pic and let's see if they are similar.

...Tony D'

I reciently was given a Red Electric Secova guitar by a friend of my family who was moving because i am learning to play guitar and only had an acoustic. The only Info i have found from a web site is that they were made in Japan mostly during the 60's ill keep looking for info but everyone else keep me posted on these guitars! thanks.

1969 Sekova Hauschild acoustic guitar

I have a 69 Sekova Hauschild Acoustic Guitar v1012 six string. It has nice sound but is it worth anything?

Any tips on care?

I have an Sekova accoustic guitar that I bought in the early '70's. It has a great sound which is why we bought it

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

i have a bass sekova that my grandfather played its in good condition. could you tell me a little about it ? he does not rember where he bought it. thanks

I have a cherry finish Sekova SG copy. My father traded in a Gibson ES125 for it and a MusicMan 41o sixty five watt amp. I still have and love both. I ony wish I had the ES125.

: : I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

: i have a bass sekova that my grandfather played its in good condition. could you tell me a little about it ? he does not rember where he bought it. thanks

: : : I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

: : i have a bass sekova that my grandfather played its in good condition. could you tell me a little about it ? he does not rember where he bought it. thanks

: : : : I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

: : : i have a bass sekova that my grandfather played its in good condition. could you tell me a little about it ? he does not rember where he bought it. thanks

Hi.
I had a Sekova Bass green and black on the edges.Machines went on it.I bought in '71.

I have a Sunburst Vintage Sekova Jazz Bass copy. I guess is from the early's 70. Probably Japanese. SOUNDS GREAT !

I am alos looking for information regarding an electric 12
string Sekova that was shaped like a Hofner Beatle Bass.
The last time I ever saw such an instrument was in 1975.
I have to admit that I am fairly sure it was Sekova, and not
100% certain. If you have any information regarding this
rare guitar please email me at leee@optonline.net.

: I am alos looking for information regarding an electric 12
: string Sekova that was shaped like a Hofner Beatle Bass.
: The last time I ever saw such an instrument was in 1975.
: I have to admit that I am fairly sure it was Sekova, and not
: 100% certain. If you have any information regarding this
: rare guitar please email me at leee@optonline.net.
Hi A Gentelman is wanting me to list a Sekova 12 string E Model 30 for Auction on Ebay.I have no knowledge of its value.If you need some pictures I can supply you with several the guitar is pearl in color.

sekooa or sekova

I just bought a 12 string acustic for 30 $ it has sekooa on the neck and sekova in the body on a paper tag with f1020. says made in japan looks like its from the 70s. this is my first guitar. i know zero about guitars but looks cool

I got a Sekova bass when I joined my first band in 1971.
The price of that guitar was $175.00 I was 15 years old. It was avery authentic looking copy of a Gibson EB3 with a cherry finish. I still have that bass and will hang on to it because it was my first guitar. It does need a new bass pickup,the treble pickup is still working.

: : I am alos looking for information regarding an electric 12
: : string Sekova that was shaped like a Hofner Beatle Bass.
: : The last time I ever saw such an instrument was in 1975.
: : I have to admit that I am fairly sure it was Sekova, and not
: : 100% certain. If you have any information regarding this
: : rare guitar please email me at leee@optonline.net.
: Hi A Gentelman is wanting me to list a Sekova 12 string E Model 30 for Auction on Ebay.I have no knowledge of its value.If you need some pictures I can supply you with several the guitar is pearl in color.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.