National Telecaster?

Advertisement
Posted by MG911Guy on Fri, 01/11/02 - 13:23:49.

I just purchased a National "Telecaster" on Ebay. I have searched the web for any info. With no luck. There is a "Made in Japan" sticker on the back of the headstock and the numbers "ft 440-2" and #8-5-1 appear on the neckplate. A National decal is on the headstock and it runs vertical. It has an "ashtray" PU cover. Any Help Is welcome. Mark

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Finger Talker 440-2 National Guitar

I have one of these-the plate on the back of the headstock says FT 440-2 No.23.The National label on the front is mother of pearl inlay-not a sticker!I am missing the ashtray cover however and doubt I will ever be able to find one!I actually bought one from Fender but it is too short.This is one of my favorite guitars!I know it was made in Japan but it is not advertised anywhere on the instrument.Could this be one of the first ones they made before they went "cheaper" with stickers?

Re: National Telecaster?

National Telecaster?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: National Telecaster?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.