Sebring guitars

Posted by George Gavitt on Sun, 02/24/02 - 16:13:46.

i went ot a local music store and saw their a sebring acoustic guitaar with a pickup built in and was told by the store owner guitar was priced at a grand he was selling for 400.00 is there any onee that knows anything about these guitars im interested in buying this guitar but dont want to spend 400$ for what could be a cheesy guitar

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sebring acoustic/electric

I have a sebring acoustic/electric guitar. Just wanted to know its value JS2OSNG is the number on the neck

Sebring copy of L5

Being older then most people here the Sebring was a custom 1960's guitar. Looked like the L5 Gibson jazz model arch top F hole. They also made special order solid body guitars. Most their guitars were pre ordered then hand built. Not a Korean factory or Japan copy and more special ordered by jazz artists. German I think?

sebring guiar

i have one that is about 4" thick, long neck, block inlays, black, and used it verse the L5 gibson
and it sounds good. not thin, but very medium bodied to compart the thick, woody & bright tone
of the L5. its not have the sensitivity of the ES175 but it can easily hold it weight verse the ES175.
i paid $300 for mine. that was 20 years ago. they are worth collecting for play ability!

WHERE TO BUY IN ONE IN LOS ANGELES?

Re: Sebring guitars

I've got a black sebring strat and it plays amazing and i got it used for $150 at my local music store. If any van find any info about Sebring guitars send it my way cause there's pretty much no info anywhere. I wanna buy another one.

I just came across a used Sebring SB-300 in decent condition.
Email me for info.

I am searching for a Sebring SB-300. Please contact me if you have one

: I am searching for a Sebring SB-300. Please contact me if you have one

: I HAVE A SEBRING SB-300 - CHEAP !

: : I am searching for a Sebring SB-300. Please contact me if you have one

:
: : I HAVE A SEBRING SB-300 - CHEAP !

How much
condition
color

i have a sb300 if yo are looking for one i am putting a floyd rose tremlo on it and a new plate if you are interrested.

: : I have an a guitar sebring sb300 if yuo are looking for one just contact me. javalos_beas@hotmail.com

: i have a sb300 if yo are looking for one i am putting a floyd rose tremlo on it and a new plate if you are interrested.
I have a sebring sb 300 for sale. It is in great condition

: i have a sb300 if yo are looking for one i am putting a floyd rose tremlo on it and a new plate if you are interrested.

: I have a SB-300 for DIRT CHEAP. I don't play
and it's in my way.

I have one and it plays real nice. email me

:
: I've got a black sebring strat and it plays amazing and i got it used for $150 at my local music store. If any van find any info about Sebring guitars send it my way cause there's pretty much no info anywhere. I wanna buy another one.

Re: have a hollowbody,double cut-out

they are made in korea and would like to know more myself

check eBay

I too am interested in finding more information about this guitar company. I do know that it is a Korean Company. I found a Sebring Hallow body electric. [ #8120678 ] Which has the look of a late 70's early 80's Guitar. While not constructed of high end materials or mechs., it has a good tone for jazz, bluegrass or light blues.

I've got an acoustic Sebring, it's called "the Windrose" model# WR-28AS. It's got a synthetic back with a built in pickup. I have searched and searched and found nothing about this guitar. I paid $200something for it. I wouldn't sell it even if it was worth a grand. I sure wish there was more info about this thing though. But for me it is perfect: awesome sound, feel and look. Sorry I don't have any extra info But at least your not alone in searching for info. Not a cheesy guitar to say the least.

The Windrose by Sebring

Hi, I also have The Windrose, it is the same as yours except for the model number. Mine is WR-28BB.
I haven't been able to find any info on it either but your right about is sounding great. I play blues and blues rock and I can tell you after comparing it to a Taylor my friend has....no diff. Growls better than the Taylor.
I got mine from a dude in New York and he said he bought it there in a small guitar shop in the 70's, I know that they don't make them anymore so we both have a collectors item. Hang on to it and keep strumming.
From the Cold North in Saskatchewan Over and Out!

i have a red double cut-a-way hollow body,,,great find in an attic...intonation adjusts perfectly,,action decent,,like you know there is a fingerboard,,,who has info on these?? made in korea all i have......

its a German made guitar.. theres awsome guitars, there strat copys are sweet, thay look really cool too, i got mine fore 200 dollars in berlin, theres really nice guitars

I just bought a Sebring WindRose Acoustic guitar for my girlfriend. I got it for $70 from someone who just wanted to get rid of it and I love it. It has a really good tone and it plays real well too. Now I wish I could keep it. There isn't very much info out there, but I think they are good guitars.

Taken over in 1980's

V.M.I. Industries guitar and brand used on Korean hard body (1980-1990) after purchased from small hand made custom jazz arch top guitars. The Sebring had a "nickname" in 1960's of the "See me Bring it" guitar. A zillionaire purchased the logo and fired all the craftsmen to flood the market with inexpensive guitars; still, the old imports Sebring's are better then 90% of todays market if in good shape. Internet is all over the boards on guitars, if the experts don't know they always blame the Asians. Best thing about them is they are "real" wood and metal, not sawdust resign and plastic. Seen a clarinet, flute or saxophone lately? OMG we are a plastic band.

I bought a Sebring SB-10 at a garage sale for fifteen bucks. I dont know anything about this axe and obvously no one else on the world wide web does either. If you have any information on Sebring guitars, especially that one, drop me a line

they went out of business in

they went out of business in 1994 and all of there guitars were made in Korea if i find out anything else ill let u know

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.