Bellini Guitar

Posted by Harry on Sun, 03/31/02 - 16:57:38.

I recently picked up an old guitar for $30. The sticker inside says Bellini Musical Instruments, Pinetown, Natal. Can anyone tell me anything about the guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Bellini Guitar

: I recently picked up an old guitar for $30. The sticker inside says Bellini Musical Instruments, Pinetown, Natal. Can anyone tell me anything about the guitar?

Im in the same situation as toby, I have a bellini guitar with the same label made in pinetown natal in south africa , it has two sound holes like the jazz ones, It is playable up to some frets. It is quiet old

: I recently picked up an old guitar for $30. The sticker inside says Bellini Musical Instruments, Pinetown, Natal. Can anyone tell me anything about the guitar?

I also have beengifted a Bellinu guitar "Col Joye' model
withpalm trees and danceron the soundboard, The neck a bit bent but quite playableon the first 8 frets
Ilove it its a joy to play and sounds not bad.
I'd love to hear of any more info /sources on these instruments. Cheers

George

: I also have beengifted a Bellinu guitar "Col Joye' model
: withpalm trees and danceron the soundboard, The neck a bit bent but quite playableon the first 8 frets
: Ilove it its a joy to play and sounds not bad.
: I'd love to hear of any more info /sources on these instruments. Cheers

: George

Hi to all

I`m from Germany and I purchased a model with palms on ebay Germany for 50 EUR. It need new frets, the neck is ok.

This is the first Time I hear the name 'col joye' ;)

The looking is great.

Greetings to all

Matze

I also have just aquired a bellini. it is unusual in that it has an arched top and back but has a sound hole. not 'f' holes. It is in original playable condition and was found in a local boot sale in UK. it was made in Natal South Africa.See Fretdancer's website for a photo of a similar one http:/www.fret.dancer.com:

: I also have beengifted a Bellinu guitar "Col Joye' model
: withpalm trees and danceron the soundboard, The neck a bit bent but quite playableon the first 8 frets
: Ilove it its a joy to play and sounds not bad.
: I'd love to hear of any more info /sources on these instruments. Cheers

: George

bellini

hey i got one of them to guys ,me grandfather give it to me to learn on spot on the same as the picture in the link ,except its got like a pearl type of scratch plate on it .gr8 old guitar .did any one establish what there worth?

Memory Lane...

Bellini guitars were truly endearing old boxwood guitars made for a.mass market in good old SA in the 50s, 60s,70s & (possibly) the early 80s.
Every old joller had one or knew a maat who did & some truly amazing times were had on the beach with some Tassies, OBs or even DeePees & a battered old Bellini with Black Diamond strings...
Eish! The World was a better place back then ... ;-)

Bellini guitars

Hi.as a former Durbanite now living in switzerland,I remember the Bellini very well.yes,it was the poor man's guitar costing like 10 rand in the 70's,but we learned to play on these guitars.our people were from zululand,and all zululand used these guitars.the Zulu's especially loved them.they were ideal for zulu guitar playing.the guys placed 2 coins under the bridge to lower the string action,and they used a piece of wood as a clave.you should have heard traditional zulu music played on these guitars in the 70's! so this brings back lots of beautiful memories for me!

how much is a bellini guitar worth?

Pinetown, Natal province, South Africa. That's all I'm afraid. Doesn't dictate a high price here (SA) either...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.